Light for Car

3mw

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Tec40 and I would like to leave it in my truck. What's the best way to store the light in my vehicle? In the past, the batteries would leak in my 3D Mags. I live in South Florida, is it the heat that causes this to happen? Does this happen to alkaline batteries only? Thanks.

B

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it can happen with any battery. Temperature extremes can cause the case or seems to separate, if it's an issue for you, it might be better to store the batteries in a separate container (e.g. Zip-Loc® bag) until you're ready to use them.

3mw said:
I picked up a Tec40 and I would like to leave it in my truck. What's the best way to store the light in my vehicle? In the past, the batteries would leak in my 3D Mags. I live in South Florida, is it the heat that causes this to happen? Does this happen to alkaline batteries only? Thanks.

flash_bang

flash_bang

Enlightened
this might sound weird, but what about using a thermos and putting the flash in it? It might give you enough insulation for you purposes. just a thought :shrug:

B

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I thought lithium batteries could handle temperature extremes better than alkalines?