Light for Shotgun

DonK

Enlightened
Good points Scotty. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 on a handgun, it has side by side 123s in there. Works well, but I've always felt that the plastic switch is a little on the flimsy side, and would be slow to operate on a long gun.

We just have too many choices

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

This may get some push-back, but the setup works well.

P25LC2 fits well in a 1" holder with a bit of foam* around it. I understand that sounds like some bush fix, but the foam holds it in place really well & adds shock absorption.
Fully tightened head is High clicking the tailswitch ~ most importantly, it's small & powerful for it's size. You can remove the clip.
= 2 x cr123 or 18650

SST20 emitter in cool tint~ $62 https://illuminationgear.com/products/eagtac-p25lc2

*thin dense foam

Last edited:

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I have had Li Ions fail me on at least 2 occasions. I was not telling anyone not to use them, I just didn't notice the first post I made, that you listed that as a requirement. There are trade offs with everything. The regular Elzetta Bravo will run on a 16650 just fine, and they are not expensive. Malkoff is 18650 compatible.

DonK

Enlightened
Thanks for clarification D

The Bravo has good run time considering what it runs on. So many things to consider in this discipline of illumination. Reliability is paramount tho - I've been in situations where equipment lets you down at a critical moment and there is no worse feeling.