Light with separate Power and Function controls

scottatl

Newly Enlightened
Are there any moderately priced units that have separate power and function controls? I know it saves money to use one button to control everything but it would be much more helpful to have separate controls for lumens, strobe, or whatever other functions exist.

I have a Niteye MSC20 that has a power switch and a separate rotary control for low, high and strobe. I haven't listed it yet, but it is for sale.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be following this thread. I'm still using a Surefire U2 from the Lux V days because I haven't found a better interface. If you don't mind a bigger flashlight, the Streamlight Stinger 2020 has a separate level switch. I like mine but it's not an EDC size.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most rotary lights have a seperate tail switch for on/off operation (Jetbeam being in the moderately priced category), while using the rotary to adjust the brightness. Some lights use a separate button for strobe mode, certain Fenix models do. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite has some two button lights, and they are good value for the dollar. Then in the mid range in price you have Klarus, Nitecore, Fenix, and Jetbeam that all have a handful of models with a two button ui that probably fits your criteria.
So the next questions you need to ask yourself is;
Battery, tint, throw or flood, and carrying preferences.
Acebeam has some mid size lights that have two button ui's but only in certain sizes and uses as well

Jump Start

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix LD12 has separate power and function buttons. I carry one and like it. It uses AA or 14500 batteries.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
For small keychain lights, Nitecore has the Tip SE, Tini 2, Tip 2, and TUP (T4K as well, but you wanted cheap). Fenix LD and PD series lights tend to have a tail switch for on/off and a side switch for modes.