• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Curious to see you add the E70 in copper, it will be hella heavy but beautiful. I am trying to get it in copper. This light is so beautiful and functional so I think any variations will be nice.

By the way, in your opinion which body would be the best host for the 219b sw35:

1) FW3Gvn sw35
2) K9.3vn sw35 with red secondaries
3) E70vn Copper sw35

All three great lights...Just depends on which host you like. E70vn is a pricey route for triples or quads builds though.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I would love the see the Nitecore EC4S with the SST70. I think it wold be a hell of a light then.

I think I modded a few EC4Svn before but I don't remember anything extraordinary.

SST70 is also a good LED but its not much better than SST40 and definitely no match for SBT90.2 DL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Ever done anything with a Nitecore SRT3? I've got one that I carry for work but would love it to be a tad brighter and more neutral colored led.

I do remember modding this light. It was a pain IIRC due to the multi LED and complex wirings.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just received my stock 3k version of the FWAA yesterday and I really like the size (it's pretty cute) and output is decent in stock form. I like that the clip is the two sided version and is locked to the light. I hate clip on or pressure fit pocket clips.
I need to find out how to turn off the thermal step down... guess I should read the directions.:)

I would be down for a copper hotrod version from Vinh.

Finally ordered one of these light to play with. I want to see how much smaller it is compared to a 18650 FW3A.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Yes one interesting light you found there rich :thumbsup:

Got a couple others asking about this light too. An exciting Ace-beam in a while.
I still have a feeling I like the X80GTvn more. But we will see....

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix lr50R……it reminds me of the famous ol school fenix tk75!
https://fenixlight.com/product/detail/index.php?id=153

eh. It's a nice light and more compact, but it doesn't dethrone my acebeam x65mini. I'll most likely pass on this.

Lumeniac posted a very detailed review on the Fenix LR50R in the other half of the flashlight webosphere, about three hours ago. This power thrower light could somewhat compare with my two X65 Vn (original versions), my R90TS vn and my Haikelite HK90 Vn. I did not mention in my reply to Lumeniacs' review: What about four SBT90.2 instead of four SST70?

Very high power thrower beam profile and performance is so exciting. X65 Vn was the first one for me of this classification, way back in December 2016.

I need to buy another safe so I can have more room for more big lights.