List of sub-CR2 size lights

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Many thanks! I didn't know that one. I'm going to order a couple. They're only $12.

The battery might be a 10220, instead of a 10180 or 10280.

Last edited:

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
Definitely not a 10180. The battery is taller than a 10180. The only markings are: "Ni-MH 1/2AAA 250mAh 1.2V". The light came with a spacer which is used to allow the battery to be charged like a regular Ni-MH AAA battery. Coolest thing about the light is that I could not figure out at first how to remove the battery. The stainless steel body is so well machined that I thought it was one solid cylinder.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Very cool about the machining.

Yeah, I should know this as I really like these small lights, but the half AAA is even rarer than the 10180 which is the 1/3 AAA and the 10280 or N size or 2/3 AAA, but these are rarer I believe.

Okay, looking at my collection of "fractional" AAA batteries I have just two that are 10220. But these are 3.7V, not 1.2V NiMH. I have lots of the 10180 and 10280, which are also 3.7V cells, but only two of these. Comparing them to my black Eneloop X they are indeed 1/2 AAA size, but they are lithium ion, not NiMH.

It says 120 mAh on the side, in between the 180 mAh of the 10280 and the 70 mAh of the 10180, which makes sense. It's interesting that your 1/2 AAA NiMH is 250 mAh hours and yet the same size 10220 is only 120 mAh, since lithium ion is supposed to have 2 to 3 times the energy density of NiMH. I'm no expert though, am still learning this stuff, so maybe one of the experts here will comment on our observations.

This might help. I just found this chart at the powerstream.com website:

http://www.powerstream.com/Size.htm

Last edited:

apisdorf

Newly Enlightened
Timing is everything: My brother came by this morning with a battery for a tiny flashlight he and I used to have on our keychains. The battery is a BR435 3V and the flashlight is similar to one I just found here: https://www.maxmax.com/aFlashLED_SubMini.htm

About as small as you can get with a cylinder battery.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Right. I have the Coast version of that light. Not really very bright but thinner than a straw.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I should do an updated group photo since I now have 37 different sub-CR2 lights. I'll get on that this weekend so stay tuned.

In fact I just received three DQG Hobi's in brass, stainless, and titanium. So I now have the DQG Spy, Fairy, and Hobi 10180 lights. Am I missing any DQG lights?

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add the 10180 based CooYoo Fermion light to the list. This is a very cool little light. The Stainless Steel version (not sure if there are any others) it really nice and the housing seems very well built. Very nice square threads and good o-rings, much better than the little 10180 neck lights in terms of robustness. I'm impressed with the build of this light.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add the 10180 based CooYoo Fermion light to the list. This is a very cool little light. The Stainless Steel version (not sure if there are any others) it really nice and the housing seems very well built. Very nice square threads and good o-rings, much better than the little 10180 neck lights in terms of robustness. I'm impressed with the build of this light.

That Fermion looks almost to cute not to buy. I could find only one review of it and there were only two posts The 6000 to 7000 color temperature is what concerns me is it blue looking or more white? The features and form factor would seem to be quite useful.

What is the mode sequence and UI?

Cemoi

Enlightened
Hi all,

I've only found out this very interesting list today, thanks.

Magellan, you might add a 10220 DQG XP-G2 Stainless Steel, currently sold by Banggood.

I wonder which, among all these flashlights, can still be currently purchased and where.

Also, the DQG charger doesn't seem to be on sale with the chinese websites. Any suggestion for an alternate charger for these tiny Li-Ion batteries?

Thanks in advance

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks for updating that.

Nice to see some action on this interesting, old thread.

The Freak

Newly Enlightened
There seems to be a new 10180 flashlight on aliexpress, a red/black/grey aluminium or bare stainless one (or so they say). Seems to be a generic thingy, some brand names: wasaga, wasafire, meetoo, atcomm, aacom etc. It looks like it has insides as an astrolux M01/M02/M03. Not all that notable other then the interesting price: I just ordered one for €8.75 including shipping, so it might be great for cheap modding.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Hello 2015, when there were few enough tiny lights to list.

Browsing Fasttech, I noticed Fenix has, or had at least, some 10180 lights, the Fenix UC02, in at least a few ano colors, and the UC02SS in stainless. Also seen at Fasttech in 10180: Blackwater Kite in a few ano colors and stainless, TrustFire MINI2, TrustFire MINI07, MecArmy FM11 right angle, MecArmy X2S in various colors, MecArmy X4S in various colors, MecArmy illumineX-1 , MecArmy illumineX-2, MecArmy illumineX-3Y in various colors, MecArmy illumineX-4 in 5 colors, MecArmy BL47 bullet light, Wuben G341, Wuben G342, Wuben G343, Sunwayman COMET in Al or Ti, Klarus Mini One, Astrolux M2, and JetBeam NITEYE MINI-1 in silver or copper colors. A few of these listed were discontinued and no longer available.

Also notable, George7806 sells some nice custom 10180 lights, and RPM has a couple different Ti CR2 bodies for E Series :rock:

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, I used to have an incan pen light that used a BR435 3V. I also remember it making a Maglite Solitaire look like a pocket rocket.