list your favorite single aa lights

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a few AA and my favourites would have to be Fenix E11 and Nitecore EZ AA but just in front is my Fenix LD10 R4 .

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The single AA lights shown are my favorites. :p

20949537.jpg

I'd like to know your top five Zeruel...

InquisitiveInquirer

Enlightened
Mine is the SA1 Eluma. Great throw for a 1aa light. Only problem is the strobe is mixed in with the mode switching. Wish it were hidden.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Maratac AA Rev 1. I also still have a bunch of oldies made of unobtainium. GMG Infinity Ultra, GMG Infinitys in colors (multiples in some colors,) a few US Government Ultra-Gs and an ARC AA.

While long in the tooth in light years they are all great lights that still do what I bought them for. I don't use the Ultra-Gs or the ARC AA but I could if I needed to

Last edited:

g.p.

Enlightened
With an actual AA-
Zebralight SC51 - feels good, bright, moonlight mode, small, excellent Ui and choice of levels.

With a 14500-
Zebralight SC52 (edc) - small, bright, moonlight mode, excellent UI and choice of levels, but has sharp edges and a fat head...just doesn't feel as nice as the SC51 IMO.
Lumapower Trust 1 (work and abuse) - tough, cheaper, 4 levels that are good spread for work, and the clip can be turned around to fit on a hat brim to be used as a headlamp in a pinch.

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I own a trio of 4Sevens Quark Mini AAs, the long-discontinued neutral flavor being my favorite by a huge margin. I do enjoy the Xeno E03's 500+ lumens, but it's not as EDC-able as some other options. Which Zeruel's list reminds me -

Of the models I recognize there, I'd wager at least honorable mention goes to the the DST TLR, the Jetbeam BK135, and the Sunwayman V10A.

I'm sort of fond of my NiteCore Smart PD D10.

As much hype as those lights generated when they came out, it's so rare you hear them mentioned anymore; even more surprising that someone is still using one. Are you somehow invested in the light, or is it just a good enough tool for the job?

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
The single AA lights shown are my favorites. :p

Nice collection there! Hope you don't mind me mentioning but there is one light that your collection lacks. It may be a bit late, although you may have some luck on the secondary market, but you might want to pick up a Nitecore D10. ;)

Thekapow

Newly Enlightened
Olight i2 any day<3. After that, Fenix ld12, jetbeam ba10 and last nitecore d11.2

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Top tier: ZL SC51w & H51w, Nitecore D10 (early version).
Second tier: Jetbeam BK135 [won't run well on Eneloops], Fenix L1D [low not low enough]
Third tier: Jetbeam C-LE [slow pwm, twisty] but nice size

@StarHalo I still love my D10 for their quick access to high and low low - or [less quickly] any level in between. It's been a rugged, maintenance free light for me. Runs great on Eneloops.

@ n2stuff The trick to get the Xeno E03 screaming bright is to use a 14500 battery [Li Ion 3.7 volts]

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

They all are. ;) Ok ok, if I really have to pick 5, they would be:
- JHanko Ti D10
- Kuku Ti D10
- Quark Tactical AA (aka QTA) with neutral XM-L Head
- Zebralight H51w (hopefully H52w materializes soon)
- Mini AA (aka Mini MA)

Honorary mention: DST TLR, SWM V10R Ti with AA Extender and NiteCore Defender Infinity.

Nice collection there! Hope you don't mind me mentioning but there is one light that your collection lacks. It may be a bit late, although you may have some luck on the secondary market, but you might want to pick up a Nitecore D10. ;)

Aww man, I thought I had it covered. Don't think I can live with that. I shalt heed thy wise advise and eye the secondary market like a hawk!

ypsifly

Enlightened
As much hype as those lights generated when they came out, it's so rare you hear them mentioned anymore; even more surprising that someone is still using one. Are you somehow invested in the light, or is it just a good enough tool for the job?

I have one and it gets regular rotation in my edc because of the build, tint, and UI. Perfect low for navigating my way to the bathroom, or down a trail at night. Bright enough on high with a nice neutral to warm tint. The ramping is very nice. My other single cell edc is a T1A Titan so variability is a must for my singles.

I have $20 in it as I got it from a four sevens Garage Sale two years ago. I really got lucky with this one since it seems to have been a return considering the less than pristine state it arrived in as well as the lack of original packaging. I know there have been threads here regarding QC problems with this light. Mine works perfectly and has proven to be versatile. I can't imagine what made someone decide to send it back.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark AA XML in NW
Eagletac D25A Ti XML in NW
Thrunite T10
Zebralight SC52 (although arguably the best light of the bunch, also the most disappointing for me)

BIG45-70

Enlightened
I have the a few,

Balder HD - 1 (flickers constantly)
Mini AA - Great light, has proven reliable, tint is good and brightness levels are good.
L3 Illumination L10 - My favorite light atm, great tint and mode spacing.
Nitecore EA1 - Gave me problems since day 1, battery drains on high in 20 minutes very high parasitic drain.
I just ordered a Quark AA S3, and anxiously awaiting that one.

At this moment if I had to pick a favourite it would probably be my new L10 but its unproven. The Mini AA is a great light and well proven.

nightshade

Enlightened
NiteCore D10 - Sooooooooooo easy to update the emitter, novel UI.
JB Jet-I IBS - modded with XM-L is easily my favorite AA flood light.
Fenix L1d - good regulation, modded with XP-E
Photon Proton Pro - modded with XML and 3mm yellow led. Can't tell its in my pocket due to great clip and form.
Zebralight H51 - stock, great regulation and hands free task lighting