• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

List your McGizmo flashlights

nbp

Flashaholic
I guess were all in this together, now that we've had our brains washed by Don. :tinfoil:

I like to at least pretend I have uses for all my lights. I don't like shelf queens, so I have to come up with reasons to use them. :naughty:

fyrstormer

Banned
It's only rationalizing if you do something that doesn't make sense and then construct an elaborate explanation for it. Even then, rationalizing is only bad if you fail to effectively rationalize something and then insist on continuing to do it anyway.

nbp

Flashaholic
So since keeping more McGizmos always makes sense anyways, and I have effectively explained a legitimate reason to do so, it's not rationalizing, right????

All this talk is making me hungry for another McGizmo. Time to start saving. :grin2:

mattp

Enlightened
Just the two for me, soon to be a trio I hope!
1) Haiku XP-G
2) Ti PD-S

A Sundrop XR-U will be coming up once the 123 McClicky paks are available again. I'd love to add a LunaSol 20 in the future as well, that and the PD-S are classics.
Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok - time to update this. I went through a 'phase' when my McGizmo collection went into flux - it's settled down again

Haiku XPG
BB Haiku XRE
Warm Haiku XPG
6V Haiku XML complete with 2x123 McClicky
6V Makai XML complete with 2x123 McClicky

Just somethin' about 'em! :)

Barbarian

Enlightened
Updated list:
Ti PD XP-G (mod by datiLED)
Ti PD-S
Ti S27-PD
BB Warm Haiku
Mule High CRI
Aleph 1 (Blue with Ti bezel)

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless Alephs are being counted....only one Ti McGizmo for me ATM.:sigh:
This LS20 has been a total user and has not been babied at all! It's amazing what 20 minutes with some 0000 steel wool will do to restore the finish! Gotta love titanium.:)

Updated the internals over the weekend.

Hoping to be able to score an LS27 before winter...:)

photobucket-3964-1314604667352.jpg

photobucket-6163-1314604699407.jpg

Last edited:

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Awesome DaFABRICATA,

I guess we were on the same page, or did I inspire you?!

I would like to see a light like the Lunasols with both flood and throw. But instead of one throw emitter encircled by a number of flood emitters. The light would use just two emitters. Like the Lunasol it would use a special designed McGizmo reflector; unlike the Lunasols neither emitter would be in the center of the head. They would be more like this 8. Maybe two XP-G's one for throw and one as a high CRI mule. I would like to have the flood portion be brighter than the Lunasols. I would not like a head of 27mm because a flared head does not feel right in my pocket. Call me crazy.

:crazy:..:crazy:..:crazy:

Not going to ask for a 18650 tube. As Don usually designs around one or two primaries. But if he builds around the E-series design I have a couple of 18650 tubes already for long run times. Not sure why FM can build a 18650 tube from Stainless but getting a Ti 1x18650 E-series tube is nearly impossible.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...izmo-horizon&p=3686079&viewfull=1#post3686079

How does it compare to the original setup, beam wise?
Frank

:)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Oh My Goodness DaFab... :eek: :eek:oo: :thumbsup: On both counts, may I add... Nothing like tinkering with the Masterpieces... Although that's WAY past tinkering...

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the nice words guys!..:eek:

Drywolf, I started reading the thread when it first started, but hadn't followed it nor seen your post.
Thats very ironic! Lol! I guess considering theres only so much you can do with a multi-emitter build and the confined space of the 20mm head theres bound to be similar ideas:thumbsup:
The beam is a bit different from the original LS20. The McR10 doesnt throw as well as the McR12. The XM-L has a more pleasing beam and tint than the 3mm LEDs and is much brighter....too bright IMO.
The LS20 is my favorite McGizmo design.

photobucket-2618-1314709534622.jpg

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's with the 5mm LEDs? Did you somehow turn your LS20 into a 3-speed??

Not quite yet. This is a different design then the one above it. Those are 3mm. Haven't decided on red or UV.
The contact/ driver section needs to be redone to allow a second kilroy for the third driver. I also still need to locate a small multi-mode driver for the XM-L.

Obi, yes. Good luck in your search!

Heres the 2 emitter version. The XM-L had a resistor soldered inline to lower its output. The bezel was also painted flat black and the raised outter ring was refinished on the lathe.

photobucket-7232-1314715131560.jpg

photobucket-7317-1314738231641.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts