• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

List your McGizmo flashlights

fyrstormer

Banned

mgk65

Newly Enlightened
I have three McGizmos now and just placed an order for another Mule (along with some other goodies) from Don!
Currently:
1) Lunasol LS20
2) Ti PD Mule
3) Sapphire

On Order:
2) Mule XML

I'm loving the flood of the Mules. I've found a use for all of these lights and my goto EDC has been the Lunasol.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE - I think the collection is 'set' for a while, at least...

Haiku XPG with a nice, etched clip, now in warm
Haiku High CRI - XPG engine sitting unused but at the ready
6V Haiku XML with a 2x123 McClicky Pak
6V Makai XML with a 2x123 McClicky Pak
Nice lego - a 2xAA McClicky Pak in bead blast hosting a 6V High CRI Ti Mule Head
And the latest, a nice little McLux III PD-S in aluminum - with datiLED right now getting a warm XML heart transplant and a current bump to 1A
IMG_5905.JPG

Last edited:

mattp

Enlightened
I've added a Sundrop XR-U to the Haiku XP-G and Ti PD-S, and it is amazing! I've never seen anything like the beam from this, it's sort of strange to have this little patch of 'sunlight' in front of you when surrounded by darkness. It really is a pleasure to use!

nbp

Flashaholic
Look! I spent $1870 on this pair of jeans, and they threw in four McGizmos FREE!!! :party:

clipsz.jpg

I had to post as the List has changed a bit - added one. :devil:

Now it's:

EN Mule with neutral XP-G
Ti Mule with XM-L
Haiku with cool XP-G
McLux III-T :rock:

Sorry for the grainy pics, real camera was stolen, iPhone4 to the rescue. :rant:

mcgfam2.jpg

mcgfam3.jpg

mcgfam1.jpg

Hope you like my little collection. :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I know! That's where I got the idea! I should have referenced you as the inventor of that pose, but I wasn't sure it was you. Anyways, your pic is better, and there's an extra clip there. I still have work to do. :help:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
That III-T is dead sexy!! That is one truly special light right there. :thumbsup:

You still need a PD though!! :nana:

nbp

Flashaholic
Ain't she a beaut?? :kiss:

I know, I need a PD to round out the family, but that might have to wait until tax return time. :broke:

When I bought my Haiku in June, I wasn't exactly planning on buying three more Gizmos in the next three months. :oops:

I'm running out of other lights I can bear to sell for this addiction. :crazy:

mattp

Enlightened
I've added a Sundrop XR-U to the Haiku XP-G and Ti PD-S, and it is amazing! I've never seen anything like the beam from this, it's sort of strange to have this little patch of 'sunlight' in front of you when surrounded by darkness. It really is a pleasure to use!

Up to 4 now:
1) Haiku XP-G
2) Ti PD-S
3) Sundrop XR-U
4) Sapphire GS

If the Sapphire had been my first McGizmo it probably would have been my last; it had a really ordinary finish on it, with several prominent marks, compared to the flawless finish of the three others I've got. I was disappointed, but given that's it's a keyring light I decided it was redeemable. I polished it up to reduce the markings before putting it on my keys, where's it's getting a nice patina of microscratches now. Don has never claimed his lights are made with cosmetic finishes in mind, but I think we become spoilt by the usually excellent finish. The Sapphire is a hugely useful light though, it's much nicer on the keyring than the 4Sevens Revo SS it replaced, the smooth finish with no knurling is nicer for pocketability and it has very smooth lines. The light output is perfect for reading, both in lumens, beam profile (or lack thereof), and tint. I even prefer the tint to read with over the Sundrop.
Cheers, Matt.

Vernon

Enlightened
I'm proud to say that I own my first McGizmo as of today: Haiku XML.

stoli67

Enlightened
Haiku warm XPG
Haiku Cool 3V XML
High CRI Mule
Ti PDS updated to an XML by DatiLED
LS20 - about to be upgraded.
Sapphire
Makai 6V (on order)

nbp

Flashaholic
Up to five! :grin2: Would be seven but I sold two. :ohgeez:

McLux III-T
Haiku, AA Pak, datiLED Nichia 219 LE
Ti Mule XP-G
SunDrop XR-U, Nichia 119
Sapphire Mule HI CRI

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A fine collection you have, especially your modded LunaSols.

I'm confused with the naming of McGizmo's PD and the various LEDs used, wouldn't stoli67's be known as a Ti PD-XML?

-Mayo