• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

List your McGizmo flashlights

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Here is my list of McGizmos:

Haiku XPG

Haiku XML

Haiku Red LED

Sun Drop Red LED

Makai with AA pack

Mule 119

Ti PD XR 19

Sapphire

Mc Gizmo-Valient Concepts Titanium Head-Malkoff M31 Drop in-Tom Anderson's wonderfully made Barrell Bead.

That's all for now, but more will be enroute after I win a Pulitzer Prize.

Really, these are some fantastic lights, and we are lucky to have such a wonderful craftsman and artist as Don McGizmo to make these pieces available to us. Something I was thinking at the Emmy's was the big high profile people with everything they have, we all possess far nicer flashlights than they do. Imagine in the fancy home in Holmby Hills, all they have is an Eveready Captain, or at best an an Incan mag., in the Butler's pantry in the kitchen.

Thank you Don. This is what makes America great!

McGizmo ADD: I never leave the house without two McGizmos. Why, you ask? This is ground zero for an earthquake. So is Seattle where we have a high rise apartment, like Frasier's. Plush, well-lit, high tech, ultra spacious, heavily decorated on the wife's company. I avoid Seattle at all costs, I go there and never leave the building. Well only to go, to Nordstrom's for Clothes. Odd to have a residence in a city and never leave the building. I have never seen Seattle except SEATAC. And this a sought after place. We are high up, and have a nice views from Puget Sound to Mt. Rainier. Been at least a year since I went to that residence.

There is nothing like the light and space of the desert. Our home in Beverly Hills is also plush, well- lit and heavily decorated, ultra spacious, and I use it for business in LA. The bills to keep, this dam place are daunting.

I can't wait until we only have the mid century in the desert.

The "Big One" as our illustrious leaders call it, could happen at any second and I don't want to have Walk home because the freeways are collapsed.

Aw, you know if I lived in the safest place in America, I would still Carry two McGizmo's. but my official, on the record statement is the Big One, off the record, I may carry three.

Best wishes,

NR

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haiku 3S XM-L
AA Haiku 119V
I'm working on a McGizmo lego: Sundrop XR-U head, LE from Datileg (Nichia 219) and Ti 18500 body from Moddoo

I spend most of the year in Switzerland. Clean, green and safe. I've been working too late to take the dog for night walks in the farm fields near us, but I get a few lights (always at least one McGizmo), grab a glass of wine or single malt and the pooch and I shine lights into the vineyard next to us. Of course this is after making peace with the wife and kids.

davidhunternyc

Newly Enlightened
I just read that a McGizmo flashlight is a Holy-Grail flashlight for many of you on these here forums. When I go to the McGizmo section however, I get confused. I am confronted with old threads and very few photos. As of Nov. 2015, what is the Holy-Grail of McGizmo flashlights and why? Please post photos. Thank you.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Depending on what you're after the holy grail could be a PD, LS20, LS27, Haiku, AquaRam or a handful of others.

The Haiku though is probably the light with the greatest number of owners here and the one McGizmo that I think of as one of his defining accomplishments, soon to have a new and more powerful interface courtesy of Rush.

nbp

Flashaholic
I just read that a McGizmo flashlight is a Holy-Grail flashlight for many of you on these here forums. When I go to the McGizmo section however, I get confused. I am confronted with old threads and very few photos. As of Nov. 2015, what is the Holy-Grail of McGizmo flashlights and why? Please post photos. Thank you.

If you're looking for a new one straight from Don, then this thread shows the available options and it is up to date.

If you need help picking one out, I would suggest starting a new thread explaining your needs and friends are pretty good about steering people to the package that suits them best.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got around to making an XPE photo red 660nm LE. I had commented somewhere to RedLed about it after reading of his setting sundrop. Mine is currently in my sundrop (swapped back to 119V 3S) also and it makes for quite an interesting light, I had a sandwich shoppe LE with a warm XPL that I didn't like so I swapped out the MCPCB for the red XPE.
Also added a Aleph mule E1B body and McTc tailcap to the collection which I'm really liking.

The list, 4 McGizmo's and an Aleph:

Haiku 1AA
2 x Haiku 123
Mule 123
Sundrop 2AA
Aleph/Surefire Mule

LE's: 3 x 3S, 2 x GDuP 10, 180, 700mA, Hive, AA.
4 x 119V (3S, AA)
219C (Hive. Originally 119V)
XPG2 S3 3A (GDuP)
XPE 660nm (GDuP).

Updated my list with my now favourite light, the AA Haiku 119V.

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I can list mine correctly - it's been so long since they have all been home together;

AL PD - previous owner upgraded XR-E, I had it recoated HAIII Grey (Blue)
27LT Slate- Upgraded to XP-G with amperage bump
Oil Slick Mule (nice LE, details not on tip of my mind)
Dumb Mule Head - L1
Ti-PD XP-G (natural Ti !!)
LS27 AlTiN (purchased from Don's garage sale like this)
LS20 AlTiN (when I get this back XP-G upgrade then Centurai upgrade?)
C-Pak AlTiN (to go with the 2 above)
Ti Mule High CRI - DLC Coated
BB Haiku XR-E - DLC Coated
2-Pak McClicky - DLC Coated - Creemator head main "head"
2-Pak McClicky - Chip's Splash Ano - Creemator head (reflector, not TIR)

Plus AOTH holsters for PDs, LS20, Haiku, Ti & Oil Slick Mules.

The photo of the oil slick mule that was posted (underneath the light for sale) in the Marketplace was what pointed me over to the Custom B/S/T and started the "slickery" slope of customs and McGizmos.

My Superintendant at work often says "pull out that $700 light" - up to now I've been able to say I don't have a $700 light - but I after the LS20 has been AlTiN coated, XP-G upgraded & Centuari upgraded I don't think I'll be able to say that anymore.

YIKES

Lisa's Black Chrome PD ROCKS - probably the most beautiful light I've seen so far (but I haven't seen some of my lights yet...)
FWIW - I intend on using all my lights.
Today - industrial application - Milky Arnor (soft flood & bright flood MC-E on L1 body) & M2(SST)-50 with zero rez tail (BRIGHT spot) - have all the bases covered with 2 lights.

Will update over the Holidays....

dagored

Enlightened
Not McGizmos. Look back in the thread. You are new, no big deal. Trying to help.

Q619

Newly Enlightened
Let's see, I've got:

×2 Haiku aa (one 119v one 119, I actually prefer the 119)

Mule 2aa 119v

Haiku 123A (XPG2)

Aquaram (XPG2)

Terraram (119v)

Makai 123a (XML)

Sapphire

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated my list on the last page.

Haiku x3
Mule
Sundrop
Aleph/Surefire Mule

123 pak x3
AA pak
2AA pak

3S x3
AA
Hive
And a couple of home made LEs.

Don has completely nailed the design and application of his lights, they really are something else.
It scares me a little to see my lights in a list, and I know I've spent plenty more on other lights also, to imagine the money I don't have.
Thank goodness I don't drink or smoke.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
There really is something to owning a McGizmo light, in that people with billions have some cheap dollar store light the butler bought, or something From Megalomart, but we own some thing they don't.

In in some ways - maybe they don't need it, but I would hate to call some one to bring down a light if I dropped something on the floor.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haiku XP-G single cell
Haiku MX-L single cell
Terra Ram XM-L
Sapphire, warm

Use them all regularly, could use a couple more Sapphires for keychains

Last edited:

Vemice

Enlightened
B7PvEjOl.jpg

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlTiN PD-S
LS20 with XP-G emitter
27LT with XP-G emitter
Ti 6v mule (UV)
Haiku 6v
Aqua Ram
2 x AA PD McClickie pack (not offered by McGizmo)
Titanium E-Series 2xAA Pack
Sapphire
Ti PD-S