Lithium use *Moved*

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm anxiously waiting for delivery of my Reactor, with present owners recommending lithium batteries
(also coming with my order).

When is it safe, advisable, or a waste of money to use lithiums in the following lights I own:

1. Arc AAA LE

2. Lightwave 4000 and 3000

3. PT Surge

4. PT Impact

rycen

Enlightened
lithiums AAA C and D are not avai.If you use in the surge you will blow the bulb due to overpowering.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried lithium AA's in my PT Impact when I first got it, but replaced them with alkalines after the first couple times I used it. Brightness increase with lithiums in the Impact is hardly noticeable, and battery life with alkalines is already outstanding. IMHO, useing lithiums in the Impact would be a waste of money. And as rycen stated, useing lithiums in the Surge will blow the bulb. The Surge BLAZES with alkalines anyway, and battery life is outstanding!

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
The weight savings in a Surge would be great along with the cold weather (glovebox) performance, but alas the bulb can't take the added power due to the higher voltage of the cells. Cost would also be formidable.

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
I have seen lithium Ds befor4e...but they were very pricy. I use lithium AAs in my Infinities and Matrix Headlamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts