Living the good life :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
First fresh corn of the year was cooked on the charcoal grill in husk.

What started out as meatloaf burgers and chicken franks was topped off with fresh corn with the remaining coal heat. The burgers were a mixture of beef, pork and veal with Italian spices shaped into quarter pound patties. Awesome turn out. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. Buns were toasted on the grill too.

A Weber tabletop size smokey Joe with about 25 kingsford briquets at about 80% gray from the chimney type coal starter and poured into a pile at the center of the grill.

While eating the burgers the corn was cooking at about 275 degrees over the coals for about 45 minutes.

The remaining dime sized coal embers were poured on top of small brush in my burn barrel and led to a post supper bon fire. Junk mail, other brush from a recent storm and some low hanging branch trimmings topped off the kindling.

Then as the sun set we looked at some of the bushes and flowers that came back this year around the yard.

IMG_5786.jpeg

We weren't sure if this one was going to make it after a move last year.
It seems to like that corner.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
YES!!! You my friend are living the good life.
Life is good when you can take the time to cook on a charcoal fire, and then later stop to smell the hydrangeas.

Thank You for sharing. (y)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
the sunset was off the chain tonight had no camera with me but its in my mind forever
I used to get so excited trying to phottograph sunsets but after a while had forgoten how to enjoy them. Edit: added the following: These days I just enjoy it and may or may not take any photos. End edit.

Got a new portable charcoal grill. It was $10 off due to a few punctures on the box.

IMG_5804.jpeg

The dented box

IMG_5817.jpeg

Legs that swing around and lock the lid.

IMG_5823.jpeg

Chimney

IMG_5824.jpeg

Intake vents front and rear

IMG_5827.jpeg

Smokin'

IMG_5828.jpeg

Shows how portable it isn't

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love bargains i found a handheld hiking gps at pawn shop after i found a usb cable i was suprised it updated maps till what i assume is 2024. sure a phone does the same but no where as strong i think

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It was listed as damaged but good as new at an Amazon warehouse in California.

If the weather holds out I'll season it later today with some peanut oil then cook a pork tenderloin on it.

Last edited: