London UK get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, it's shaping up nicely. Getting very close now too!

I think we should book a table at the Pub ASAP to avoid any mishap. Can anybody not able to commit to The 27th please post in this thread - also any guests brought pipe up now.

ATM it's 11 CPFers and 3 guests with 2 maybe's. I suppose we should book by next week?

I'm bringing one guest - a selection of Vintage ARCs, some ORBs, some Magmods, A Fenix or two, an inflatable Batman suit, a Luger pistol, a sherbert dip, an electronic wok from tic and toc, some silly putty, my spare legs......

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Wow, it's shaping up nicely. Getting very close now too!

I think we should book a table at the Pub ASAP to avoid any mishap. Can anybody not able to commit to The 27th please post in this thread - also any guests brought pipe up now.

ATM it's 11 CPFers and 3 guests with 2 maybe's. I suppose we should book by next week?

I'm bringing one guest - a selection of Vintage ARCs, some ORBs, some Magmods, A Fenix or two, an inflatable Batman suit, a Luger pistol, a sherbert dip, an electronic wok from tic and toc, some silly putty, my spare legs......

Just to formally confirm, it'll be me + 1 guest.

• TallNHairyDave (Dave)
  • ShortNCuddlyAm (Amanda) (not a CPF member, but some of you will know her from BB)

I'll bring Malkoff MC-E rig, Thrunite Catapult, camera and tripod (to record the event for posterity - or at least all of us shining our torches on some poor unsuspecting target at the same time and making them think the Martians are coming! :twothumbs).

Oh and my Zebralight so I can see camera settings in the dark for setup :rolleyes:

Lets see if we can convert the Mrs to a flashaholic with the collection of shiny toys shall we? Someone's bound to bring something that'll make her go "oooh, me want!"

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
List updated, who's the 3rd guest BTW (I'm only counting 2 +1's).

Meganoggin

Enlightened
WooHoo - just found this! I'll check my diary and let you know tonight :naughty:

Anyone heard from CDosrun?

Pete :duh2:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

We're having a problem booking a place at the freemason's arms. It appears that someone happens to have booked a large party at the exact same time on saturday and there won't be enough space for us.

We'll try to work out a solution and keep you updated.

Apologies

MB

Last edited:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Do we really need to book? How many are intending to eat?

Perhaps if we bring the start time forward to 4:30 - 5:00 we can just turn up and when it gets dark, we bug out.....

This place is the closest to transport and the Heath itself.

What do we think? - Pete :duh2:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Meganoggin and others,

well...the casual turn up and bug out approach appeals to me, I have just tried to book earlier in the day, but the most they could manage is a table for six! I wonder what is so special about the 27th!

So turn up and drinks - followed by torches in the dark - then retire to a local chippy or pot luck at pizza express. It does occur to me that 19 people is a frappin load for casual dining.

I'll try and find a venue for supper then - can people re post in this thread if they want to meet-drink-torch in Heath-dine wherever. I'll keep looking for somewhere else to eat later on.

Post ASAP please!

Cheers.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit: OK lets just turn up

Since they won't let us book a table at that time, let's just show up at 4pm on Sat and see what happens. I imagine it's going to be a little chaotic but it should be a good place just to meet.

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what parking is like
I'm more than likely to take the car

EDIT ..... just had a look in Google Streetview.
It appears that it is "Pay and Display" along Devonshire Hill
Monday to Saturday 9am 6pm

Last edited:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
TX there is a car park on East Heath Road at the end of the road the pub is on. I'm not sure if it is a pay & display or what time it closes though... It is usually quite busy if the weather is nice.

Pete.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
TX there is a car park on East Heath Road at the end of the road the pub is on. I'm not sure if it is a pay & display or what time it closes though... It is usually quite busy if the weather is nice.

Pete.

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Databyter

Enlightened
Post some pics guys, It sounds like an interesting locale, and an interesting get together.

I have never been to Europe, so I stand in abject ignorance and curiosity, not only about the lights but about your home.

I do think it's priceless though to imagine a bunch of people huddling around a table in starbucks with a pile of flashlights:candle:.

I wouldn't worry about hoodlums, cockroaches tend to scatter at the sight of bright light.

May the road rise to meet you on your journey through London.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.