Longest time you've used your light

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
Longest time you\'ve used your light

We all seem to be concerned about runtime but other than a black out or for work what is the longest time period that you've used your light for.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Re: Longest time you\'ve used your light

When I was looking for an injured bear in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif . Elapsed real time? 5 minutes.
Subjective? A lifetime.
Decided it was stupid to be out there in the dark with a light and a rifle. Especially as I had no idea how to use them at the same time.
Probably the longest I've used a light for was for reading about 1.5 hours. Unlike Darrel's wife I use an LED light not an E2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

about 4 hours when my car broke down on top of a mounatin in the Santa Cruz Mountains and the nearest house was miles away, so i walked for a few hours to reach the road. I has a Surefire E2e with a MN02 on me at the time and i had to change the batteries just once. No I have a butt-load of LED's that I can use, but the E2e was suprisingly useful.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

since LED additions, less time than it took for the light to go totally dark. although often its getting lower (unregulated)

before LED additions, Allfrickingway the ding blasted light went out before i was near finished, and the dull yellow glow was 100% useless at that point.

I love run time, but it isnt the Only reason i hate incadescent :)

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

I use my Technology Associates Eternalight EliteMarine (make that an ErgoMarine) to light up my computer's keyboard at its lowest setting. Supposedly, it lasts for 2800 hours at this setting. Often, I forget about it and leave it on overnight. It's still on its original set of 3 AA lithium cells. Guessing, I've left it on for 10 hours max.

evanlocc

Enlightened

Once, the infinity Ultra was used as night light for three night about 6 hrs each.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess my Palight that's on 24/7 for just a bit over 2 years doesn't count. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

I use it as a door marker and another one next to the breaker box.

-LT

JanCPF

Enlightened

I run my L5 for 1½ hours straight every other night in the woods, changing the Pila 168S once. I hope to avoid battery change all together, once I get my bored out body for use with 2400 mAH Li-Ions.

As a side note I used my L4 before I got an L5, and this L4 has now run for about 100 hours with no measurable (by a simple LDR) decrease in output due to LED degradation.

Jan

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

EL Blaster 1-R 18 hours continuos using 9000 ma NIMH cells.
Arlec single 4AA single 5 mil led, tested at three days
continuous until dimming then another day and a half of
useable light. My palight is always on but that don't count.

jtice

Flashaholic

My longest runtimes would be when Im caving.
They can see times as much as 4 to 6 hours a day.

I ran an Arc AAA on a D battery once, that was about 70 hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mouse hunting with my T1(I think I posted in the LED forum about the hunt. The Mouse won), around 30-45 minutes or so, same battery is in it now. It is still nice and bright.

Blades

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast

My longest run with an EDC light was probably around 30-45 minutes. I don't know which specific incident, but I have fixed various malfulnctions at night (outdoor plumbing, stuff like that).

I take hour-long walks at night from time to time, but I guess that doesn't count.

Longest runs bar none have all been hiking. I've gone all night for various reasons before.

Scott

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire E2l, (~3 hrs) just walking around camp.
Surefire G2, (~45 min) hunting little kids. (Manhunt)
Inova X5, (~5 hrs) reading late at night.

-tom

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

While in the pine barrens (If you think you know what dark is, you gotta go to the Jersey pines. I literally couldn't see my hand in front of my face without a light on) I used a Mag for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

I ran a Hyper-Blaster for ~6 hours a night to light a
Jack-O-Lantern last year for Halloween.

boo.jpg

BOO!!!

wquiles

Flashaholic

Power went out for several hours close to the time to wake up, a couple of months back. We used my M*gCharger as the main light in the house for about 2 hours until dawn.

Power came back a couple of hours AFTER we left for work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

Will

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Elektrolumens Anglelux was used for 6 hours during a power failure, my Arc AA ran that long also. Used my MM+ R2H 2D Mag for a 4 hour bike ride and used it for 4 hours in Iraq stacking sandbags at night.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Typically 40 mins. After that I go find a fluorescent lantern, I have a nice Eveready folding lantern uses 4-D's runs of one tube or two about 15 hours two tubes full output

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Energizer 4D folding lanterns have been run all night on a couple of occasions (they run just about forever with Duracell Ultra M3's in, even with both tubes on).

Also, Osram Dulux Minis repeatedly get used for just about any and every task I can think of, and invariably get me the full 2 hours of runtime. Usually a little more.

Other lights don't tend to get used for more than 30 minutes to an hour. Main thing is that I have an emergency light in my room which kicks in when the power goes out. It serves the duty of a lot of lights!