Longest time you've used your light

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Longest time you\'ve used your light

"Main thing is that I have an emergency light in my room which kicks in when the power goes out. It serves the duty of a lot of lights!"

Yep I have a couple of these Power fail lights. The one in my bedroom is a short 4" fluorescent tube jon that is quite nice looking cost $13 at Target.

As my sig line indicates I believe in using the right light for the Job. For the most part my flashlights are used for short periods to locate lights more appropriate for the circumstances.

analogguy

Enlightened

Used to have a SL Scorpion. Used it one night aboard a container ship until the batteries died...or was it that it got too hot to hold. Oh yeah, the batteries died. Just under a hour.

Ophiuchus

Newly Enlightened

Remodeled home a year or so ago. Many electrical upgrades. My grandson spend night so we could go fishing following day. No power to outlets in room for nightlight. Used a styrofoam cup to support a Arc 4 on lowest setting.
Ceiling bounce works well. Grandson sleep for little over 9 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast

My infinity used to be used as a reading light for 3-4 hours at a stretch
my infinity Ultra stayed on for about 6 hours the other morning as a nightlight
but the lights i use most are my L4 and Pila GL3XR
the longest they have spent on is about an hour each - looking for a lost girl at a concert

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
270winchester said:
... I actually had to fend of a mountain lion with my MAg-MR16 i had in my car though, that sucker couldn't move after it was struck in the face by the light.
Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick,

For real? Sounds like a story worth telling in more detail.

Brightnorm

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
Longest I have used a light for was about 6 hours. The light was an arlec 6 volt lantern and it ran the whole time. That was many years ago when I moved into a place and had to go a night without electricity as it hadn't bee connected on the agreed date.:candle:

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Runtime for me is as much about battery life as it is for usage for a prolonged period of time. I have used various lights with diffusers as lanterns for a couple of hours when camping.

Rob187

Enlightened
At work many years ago at a serious traffic collision on a freeway at night, I ran 2 charged magcharger lights out to flat in slowing the traffic.

In a blackout at home not long ago, I ran a few lights for about 2 hours until power was restored.

Daekar

Enlightened
Longest I've actually USED a light? Probably up to 2 hours working on my car. Longest I've RUN a light? A little over 14 hours, my PT Apex battery pack will let me run it on high for that long on PowerEX D cells.

Windscale

Enlightened

Energizer 4D folding lanterns have been run all night on a couple of occasions (they run just about forever with Duracell Ultra M3's in, even with both tubes on).

Also, Osram Dulux Minis repeatedly get used for just about any and every task I can think of, and invariably get me the full 2 hours of runtime. Usually a little more.

Other lights don't tend to get used for more than 30 minutes to an hour. Main thing is that I have an emergency light in my room which kicks in when the power goes out. It serves the duty of a lot of lights!

What does an Osram Dulux Mini look like? I could not find any info about it.

The longest time I have used any light was on and off for about an hour during hiking. My experience is that whilst it is nice to have powerful lights yet most of the time I would use my lights on medium level. The high level is only used very rarely used to light up place but more to show off!
Incidentally, a thread for UK members is in being in The Cafe. Please come and take a look.

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SL PP Lux AA and LED modded Mags have gone 12+ hours several times while working. :buddies:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bicycle ride: 2.5 hrs

Week of bicycle touring /camping: EOS 1/2 to hour each night.

Caving: ~ 9 hrs but then a couple more pits same weekend with no charging opportunities.

afterglow

Newly Enlightened
Installing a new throttle body and intake on my car, 4 hours with an Arc AAA-P in my mouth :)

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have run my KL5 several times at about 2 hours each searching for and organizing stuff in my garage. KL5 with TB body runs an LG 18650 or a Pila 600P. LG lasts longer.

I have run one of my VIP's on low in a bathroom for 8+ hours when threats of power outage have occurred.

Never have run a KL4 for an hour straight.

Bill

Brozneo

Enlightened
Around 1-1.5 hrs with my L4 - trying to extract a patient from down a bank in the middle of the woods (no light what so ever!) luckily I had new primaries in at the time as it was starting to dim near the end....

tarponbill

Newly Enlightened
Power out for three days after Wilma. We had 4 Mag 4D XENON bulb lights and about spare 20 D cells and several XENON bulb spares to last. One light was on for about 3 hours straight doing home repairs for a neighbor.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast

We all seem to be concerned about runtime but other than a black out or for work what is the longest time period that you've used your light for.

Modified PT Corona headlamp was on for 16 to 18 hours at a stretch each day during a two day caving trip. It was off briefly during a couple of battery changes and was turned off while I was sleeping.