Looking for a GOOD and INEXPENSIVE light meter. Does one exist?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brightnorm:
Am I kidding myself? Any suggestions most appreciated

Brightnorm
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about a digital lux meter, -several CPF members bought a pretty nice one for about $35. several months ago. I can't remember the company's name offhand, but I would bet that Brock would be able to.

papasan

Enlightened
i don't think that meter is available anymore...a way to do it, one that is not 100% and is only good for comparison measures, is to buy a photovoltic (a little pannel that generates electricity from light, like the ones found in calculators and such) cell and hook a meter up to the output to measure it...i've never actually tried this method, but i hear it works alright...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Thanks Mr. Glow and papasan,

I guess I was being unrealistic in my expectations.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Brock

Flashaholic
Digging through drawer. I got the LX-101 Lux meter. I can't remember where I got it from now. I really like the LCD readout that is sepert from the sensor. But I have found the readings don't match my old cheap GE light meter. The old GE one matches pretty close to the ones Craig gets on his 8 thousand dollar machine. Also since I checked most of my lights with my old meter I am sticking with that one. You can usually find them on E-Bay from pretty cheap. Just do a search for "GE light meter"

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If you go to this page..Lux meters
They have a lux meter that plugs in to any DMM and will display through the meters digital display. It's around $35.

Eric

D

**DONOTDELETE**

And isn't 'GOOD and INEXPENSIVE' and oxymoron??
tongue.gif

Eric