Looking for a Long lasting, bright light for canoe race

trix334

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, first time poster here!

I am doing an 120 mile, 18 hour canoe race in a couple of weeks and I need to find a light that will last 9 hours minimum with lithium batteries, with 350+ lumens at least. The race starts at 9 PM and goes through the night so the light will need to last until sunrise, while being as light as possible and powerful, as there is going to be plenty of potential debris in the water. I've heard good things about the TK 45 but I was wondering if there is anything better than that light?

Thanks!

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, first time poster here!

I am doing an 120 mile, 18 hour canoe race in a couple of weeks and I need to find a light that will last 9 hours minimum with lithium batteries, with 350+ lumens at least. The race starts at 9 PM and goes through the night so the light will need to last until sunrise, while being as light as possible and powerful, as there is going to be plenty of potential debris in the water. I've heard good things about the TK 45 but I was wondering if there is anything better than that light?

Thanks!

Do you have a means of mounting the light to the canoe? Or would a bright, long running headlamp be more useful? Also, when you say "lithium batteries," are you referring to lithium primary (CR123) or rechargeable lithium-ion?

If you could fill out the flashlight recommendation checklist and post your answers here, it would greatly help us to figure out an ideal light for you:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...2-Flashlight-Recommendation-Checklist-Updated!!

:welcome:

Last edited:

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the specs, ThruNite TN30 will be able to pull 352 lumens for 10 hours.

Now, the problem is, how are you going to mount it on your canoe? Lights with that sort of brightness and extreme endurance need to be fed at least 3x18650 or more, and are usually chunky. No normal bicycle mounts are going to suffice for them.

CMAG

Enlightened
don't forget a backup torch or two
something with a remote battery would help if your mounting it.
IMO to be safe I would 1/2 factory runtimes

Last edited: