Looking for a new primary EDC light

cplively

Newly Enlightened
Lost my olight baton light, can't remember the specific model that I had, but I loved that light. It was a great size, as it took a single CR123a battery. It originally came with a rechargeable cr123r battery, but it wouldn't hold a good charge so I started using cr123a primaries. The clip was fantastic, but I guess it became too loose as it would routinely fall out of my pocket (but I'd find it) when I got something out of my pocket (like my keys or work badge, etc. Didn't love that it would come on at times with the side switch, but I prefer it to my clicky's.

I loved the size of that light, as I own several 18650 lights, but I don't like carrying them as much because of the size. I particularly liked the UI, moonlight mode, max bright mode, and was small enough to be held in my mouth when I needed to use my hands (I don't wear caps often) and I liked the pocket clip.

The logical path is to get the Baton 3, but I'm just wondering what competitive options there are. Doesn't have to be olight, but I'd prefer a cr123a size light, could be rechargeable but maybe accept a Cr123a.

Thanks in advance.

3_gun

Enlightened
Sofirn has 3 small inexpensive lights that may work for you. I have the SC21 & SP10v3 both are great EDC lights + I just ordered 5 of the SC02; so my $$ is where my mouth is on these.

emac77

Newly Enlightened
Skilhunt has several models similar to olight baton series.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throwing out my vote for the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA. Takes either a CR123 or AA. Great output on a single CR123 but due to a cool plunger and spring in the body, it works on a single AA in a pinch as well.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC64 is an extremely compact and efficient 18650. Great light

Malkoff MDC CR123

HDS Rotary or Executive. Duel Fuel CR123/16340

Surefire E1B backup MV. Duel Fuel CR123/16340

What's your price range?

I'm really fond of the FourSevens Quark Mini MKIII series. Neutral white, or relatively high CRI 4000K emitters. Twist switch: no accidental turn-on in the pocket. Removable clip; replaceable too, if it ever becomes too loose for your taste. Prefers 16340, but will run just fine on CR123 primary cells (although the Turbo output level is available only with 16340 li-ion power). Six user-programmable mode groups. As small as your lost Olight. Offered in two versions, one with a broad (but not floody) beam pattern, the other with a more focused hotspot (yielding higher lux). About US$75.

Shrigg

Newly Enlightened
I bought and love the Ti stonewashed Reylight mini pineapple, ships with a 10440 and a 519a at 4000

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Throwing out my vote for the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA. Takes either a CR123 or AA. Great output on a single CR123 but due to a cool plunger and spring in the body, it works on a single AA in a pinch as well.
Another vote for that incredibly underrated model. I have one. Out of the countless hundreds (maybe thousands at this point) of lights I own, this one is easily in my Top 10 for sheer versatility. In an emergency, it'll even run off of a single-AAA battery. I've tried it! You just have to be careful and hold the light steady. But it works!