Looking for a small light that will disappear in my pocket that uses 1 cr123

Peace Train

Enlightened
I was expecting the reply to come from the poster and not you. but at least your answer makes far more sense.

You're very welcome. It's all about helping one another and I'm glad to be of service. Although I don't have one (yet), I've been looking at the Nitecore Sens CR which is very reasonably priced performer in this category. Measuring in at 64 mm, it uses a twist bezel which isn't likely to turn on in your pocket under most normal movements.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're very welcome. It's all about helping one another and I'm glad to be of service. Although I don't have one (yet), I've been looking at the Nitecore Sens CR which is very reasonably priced performer in this category. Measuring in at 64 mm, it uses a twist bezel which isn't likely to turn on in your pocket under most normal movements.

I also looked at the Sens but dismissed it as i reckon i would be confusing the system by to quick a movement.If i act to quickly in my car i can confuse the dashboard navigation system and have to go through a boring system to reboot.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I did have the Ti S10 come on in my tight jeans pocket one time and also noted reports of such in the original review report of the light as I recall. For pants wear not on a keychain I use the aluminum version and utilize the tailcap mechanical lockout available on the aluminum versions.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hope to revive this thread. i'm looking for the smallest cr123 backup light to my belt-holstered HDS that will reside in a new waist pack I recently started wearing. I like the 4-7s Atom AL at 1.83 inches long - but is there anything good that is even shorter?? thanks.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
hope to revive this thread. i'm looking for the smallest cr123 backup light to my belt-holstered HDS that will reside in a new waist pack I recently started wearing. I like the 4-7s Atom AL at 1.83 inches long - but is there anything good that is even shorter?? thanks.

Don't think you're going to get much smaller than 1.84" x .77", for a cr123a is crazy in the atom. If you really need much smaller than that it's going to be with a different battery, but even then you're approaching the point of limiting returns on size, & definitely if you still want to maximize quality & value at the same time.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
There is a CR2 version of the Atom, the ALR2, and I have both it and the CR123A version. The CR2 version is a bit smaller but the battery is a lot harder to find. Battery Junction seems to have about the best price I have found for them. For a policeman, soldier, fireman or EMT I suspect that having the same battery used in both lights is a major consideration too.