looking for advice on small EDC single 18650 LED flashlight

boo

Newly Enlightened
with good throw.
I recently bought a Manker U11. It is nice but, I would prefer something with a little more throw.
Would the Manker U21 fit the bill, or are there better choices out there.
The U11 is nice but, I don`t think it is producing the advertised Lumens.

Another question please. I own a LUX meter. Can I find the true Lumen output of my lights using the
Lux meter?.
With a fully charged battery, at what distance should I do the test?.
Where do I find a conversion from Lux to Lumens?.
Thanks boo

airgreek

Newly Enlightened
Manker T01 or Nitecore MH20GT are my two EDC small "throwy" choices

TCY

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600w Mk III HI. Smaller and lighter than U11 and has ~2000 more cd than u11 if my memory is correct.

If you need more throw than that grab a Nitecore P12GT with 25700 cd (320m) or MH20GT with 33000 cd (362m).

Lumen is the measure of total output and lux is the measure of output over an area, so a lux meter can only help you to find out your flashlights' throwing capabilities, considering a flashlight would give you an "non-uniform" beam pattern. You'll need an integrated sphere to measure lumen. I'm not an expert when it comes to lux so please correct me if I'm wrong.

wle

Newly Enlightened
with good throw.
I recently bought a Manker U11. It is nice but, I would prefer something with a little more throw.
Would the Manker U21 fit the bill, or are there better choices out there.
The U11 is nice but, I don`t think it is producing the advertised Lumens.

Another question please. I own a LUX meter. Can I find the true Lumen output of my lights using the
Lux meter?.
With a fully charged battery, at what distance should I do the test?.
Where do I find a conversion from Lux to Lumens?.
Thanks boo

a lumen is a lux spread over a square meter.
you need to gather all the light it makes, and get it to be evenly distributed, calculate the area in sq meters, multiply by the average lux
one way to do it is inside a milk jug coated with white paint- it diffuses all the light evenly

but the light cannot shine dlrectly into the lux meter

wle

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Imalents new DN11 has 368m throw and for 58$. Lightmalls.com has them for sale

japudjuha

Enlightened
I recently got an Olight S2. Fantastic light, a range of outputs from 0.5 lm to 950 lm and super compact.
Waterproof removable belt/pocket clip, and a magnet in the tail to stick to metal surfaces.
I think I am going to get another!