Looking for al round stock scrap cutoffs...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hate sounding like a scrounger, but... Anybody here have scraps of solid aluminum round or hex stock leftover from a big project? Anything in the 1.25-2" diameter range as long as they're at least a couple inches long. Any machinable alloy is fine unless it's something goofy like Dural or that fiber reinforced stuff.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Wish I could help, but my rems are much smaller. Btw, "dural" is a 1940's, British term for a heat-treatable (solution-treated/aged) alloy similar to 6061 if I remember correctly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Larry

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I think that by the time you've paid shipping, you could have bought it online or at a local scrap yard. The place I buy it locally sells by the pound, but there's a $25 minumum. By the time I've gathered extra to make up the minimum I've usually got $75 to $100 worth. It's a 30 mile drive for me (each way) so I buy more than I need.

How much do you need? I can cut a few inches off one of my bars. I won't be getting to the post office for a few days, probably Saturday or next monday. I'm sort of stuck in the house at the moment.

Daniel