Looking for EDC with VERY low Lumen output

DoctaD

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps I've missed it, but I can't find a small edc light that has a VERY LOW outpu (In addition to a very high setting, with a simple user interface). I've used Jetbeam IIx and Rexlight , D-mini, etc. and like them very much, but I don't need all the extra settings. Just High, low, and VERY LOW. Just enough to barely see things. I don't want to disturb sleepers, or blow out my night vision. I have NO USE for strobe or S.O.S.. I prefer clicky switch.
...and of course....affordable, well made, reliable, good service.....:grin2:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Novatac and HDS is one of the lowest I know of.
Nitecore DI also has a really low low, and will work as a simple twostage light if you set the userdefined setting on low.
Another option is the MTE 20-mode, allthough the UI seems a little crazy, despite this thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186062
Another overlooked AA is the Proton Pro, also has a really low low.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
Keygrip, correct, the EDC and Novatac lights can go as low as .08 lumens and then to Max with a button press while on low. Very nice lights.

Ken

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
Novatac 120 T or E, the P has 22 levels, the T four and the E just 3.
The P can go from 0.08 to 120, the other two go from .33 to 120 with a option of 10 and with the T also strobe.

These are small, waterproof to 66 feet, strong and use 1 cr123a batt.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps I've missed it, but I can't find a small edc light that has a VERY LOW outpu (In addition to a very high setting, with a simple user interface). I've used Jetbeam IIx and Rexlight , D-mini, etc. and like them very much, but I don't need all the extra settings. Just High, low, and VERY LOW. Just enough to barely see things. I don't want to disturb sleepers, or blow out my night vision. I have NO USE for strobe or S.O.S.. I prefer clicky switch.
...and of course....affordable, well made, reliable, good service.....:grin2:
Some of the Liteflux lights are programmable and you can make the low very low. I EDC a LF2 on my key chain.

Grubbster

Enlightened
Photon REX will go lower than the Novatac. Very easy UI to master. Only about $25 AND it is rechargeable from any normal battery.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photon 2 coin cell light (or knockoff) and replace the two 2016 batteries (6v) with one 2032 (3v). It so small it can be added to whatever else you use. Will last years on that one battery.

I just did this to a free fauxton I got from Lighthound. Dim but very usable amount of light. Total cost about $0.25

DoctaDink

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been lusting after a NovaTac for a while. I didn't realize that they could go that LOW. I'll check out the others too.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any of the Photon Light offerings actually start in the lowest mode, or do you have to start on high mode and dim down?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do any of the Photon Light offerings actually start in the lowest mode, or do you have to start on high mode and dim down?
I believe the Photon Pro lets you choose to start at either full white (click).... then dim down....... OR start at the dimmest low red (hold), and then ramp up. Seems like the best of both worlds.