Looking for flashlight repair

Paultherock

Newly Enlightened
Hello

I have an olight M3XS-UT JAVELOT. It only operates on low. Pressing the side switch doesn't do anything. It can only turn on and off from the tail switch. Strobe works. That's it. I'm still a newbie on this forum, so sorry if I'm in the wrong section. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction?

Paul

Sent from my SM-G965W using Candlepowerforums mobile app

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of battery you use?
Try 18650, name brand battery
Using paper clip as a tail cap to check if the tail cap is good or not.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean the electrical contacts inside the light. Both ends that make contact with the battery and the threads that the cap and head screw on to. Yes BOTH ends if you can. Also, even though you say you have recharged twice and switched out batteries, have you measured the voltage of the cells right after the charger says they are good? A fully charged cell in good condition should show about 4.2 volts. If it's less than 3.8 volts after just coming off of the charger then it isn't a good cell anymore.

I bring this up because as the Galaxy Note 7 demonstrates, even a reputable manufacturer can be the victim of poor quality control.

Again, clean all electrical mating surfaces and check your batteries. Personally I think it's the batteries but anything's possible.