Looking for information on torque drivers

usdiver

Hi All,
I m needing to get a torque driver for a 1/4” hex bit to use on knives, pens, small applications that require only finger tight pressure. I know ft pounds isn’t what I need but not sure about inch pounds or newton meters and not sure what number range I need.

Some of the threads are aluminum and some are stainless and some titanium and the aluminum is what I m concerned about.

Any info?

Kestrel

Staff member
I have been using a Wiha torque screwdriver for years (gunsmithing, many small screws & fine threads).
Changeable drivers and starts at 10 in-lb, incrementing by 2's.

German-mfg, and comes with a calibration cert.

It has performed perfectly for over a decade of service. Not cheap at ~$100, but worth every penny & one of my most-used tools.

The budget competitor is the Wheeler FAT wrench for ~$50.

Last edited:

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
I'll just add that KC Tool has quite a selection of torque tools (wrenches, drivers, and such) and I have always had very good service when purchasing from them. They do carry Wiha, as well as Wera, Stahlwille, Hazet, Felo, and other high quality brands.

They run a lot of different sales from time to time (although I don't specifically ever recall seeing expensive torque drivers among those) and also usually have a (random, heavily-discounted) "Tool-of-the-Day"

Good luck with your search

usdiver

Thanks guys,
BVH thanks for the links and thanks Arch for allowing. I was about to jump on one that Kestrel mentioned and Wiha do a veterans discount... though I normally do not get lucky enough to catch sales on the stuff I buy.

The links I’ll have to look more into cause there are some very interesting looking ones including snap on

autogiro

c1735c3ef4595d3f437798d2e940f58f.jpg

I bought this to use on bicycles and some small assemblies on my motorcycles.
“Effeto mariposa”
Auto