Looking for member feedback on a seller (@808vudoo aka Denkiman808)

lightdata

Newly Enlightened
First a couple of disclaimers... I am new to CandlePowerForums, so hello fellow flashlight enthusiasts! I read the rules, and I tried my best to find the correct forum for this post.

So, I found a light being offered for sale by member @808vudoo (aka Denkiman808). Very importantly, I am making this post with his permission and even at his suggestion.

I would like to purchase a light he has posted for sale. I am aware of the strong guidance to use a protected form of payment such as PayPal-Goods and Services. (Also note, I am happy to pay the associated PayPal fees.). Dan would prefer I use PayPal-Friends and Family due to scams perpetrated by some buyers against sellers when using the PayPal-Goods and Services method. I've googled this, and evidently it can be a thing (a complicated thing, but a thing nevertheless).

I fully understand Dan's caution with me being a brand new member with zero history and no other private party light purchases that can vouch for my integrity. This would be my first private party purchase of a collectible flashlight (although I have several Oveready and Prometheus lights).

Also, I can see clearly that he (@808vudoo, aka Denkiman808) is a very active member in the flashlight EDC community whose modding skills are well respected. I can see that he appears to have a long history of light sales through here and via his FB page.

Today Dan spent a lot of time and patience answering my many questions about the light he has posted for sale - all great, nice, and friendly conversation. Given that I don't have anyone to vouch for me, Dan only feels comfortable proceeding with PayPal-Friends and Family, and I pretty much understand although I am cautious. To ease my concern, Dan has suggested that I post here soliciting feedback from any other members that have had experience with him from his past numerous sales.

Thoughts? Feedback? Help?

Thanks so much in advance everyone!

Cheers :)

Croquette

Enlightened
He's an amazing guy.

He probably runs a flashlight museum, if you ever saw his collection and is one of the greatest modder out there.

I wouldn't have any concern.

Probably one of the best seller.

If you plan to buy the Hanko, go for it. Nicest flashlight, crazy mods, awesome price, awesome seller. It's rare to have so many green lights !

Last edited:

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan is an absolute stand up guy. Totally amazing to deal with. Sometimes he even sends you treats along with the transaction. Have no fear working with Dan.

lightdata

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies so far; I appreciate it. Curious if anyone has specifically been involved in a transaction paying with PayPal-Friends and Family (which is an unprotected form of payment for the buyer). Dan definitely seems like a really stand up guy, and your comments have all helped ease my mind.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prior to the sale of CPF, there was at the top of the WTS section that stated sellers couldn't ask for payment via F&F outwardly; whatever type of transaction took place privately was between the two parties. This was based on very sound and solid reasoning.

As the new owner obviously removed this blanket statement, buyers and sellers are seemingly able to ask for such a transaction now publicly.

If you choose to go forward with such a transaction, caveat emptor. You will have next to zero recourse if the light does not make it to you - no matter the reason.

Amongst the many, many transactions I've done here on CPF, I don't recall ANY being completed with F&F. I've had people ask, but I've always said "no" and almost always sent extra to cover the G&S fees incurred by the seller.

I've had no transactions with the particular seller you mention, but regardless of "reputation," when it comes to issues of money, I would advise to ALWAYS cover you backside.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I am usually hesitant using F&F for forum sales I wouldn't think twice about such a transaction with Denkiman. Dan is the 1000% good to go!

nbp

Flashaholic
Prior to the sale of CPF, there was at the top of the WTS section that stated sellers couldn't ask for payment via F&F outwardly; whatever type of transaction took place privately was between the two parties. This was based on very sound and solid reasoning.

As the new owner obviously removed this blanket statement, buyers and sellers are seemingly able to ask for such a transaction now publicly.

If you choose to go forward with such a transaction, caveat emptor. You will have next to zero recourse if the light does not make it to you - no matter the reason.

Amongst the many, many transactions I've done here on CPF, I don't recall ANY being completed with F&F. I've had people ask, but I've always said "no" and almost always sent extra to cover the G&S fees incurred by the seller.

I've had no transactions with the particular seller you mention, but regardless of "reputation," when it comes to issues of money, I would advise to ALWAYS cover you backside.

Totally agree. I have no issues with this particular seller but the only time I got burned in a transaction was the one time I caved and send FnF. I would not recommend that payment method.

lightdata

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to circle back and say the flashlight and all items arrived today exactly as described. There was even an additional nice surprise in the package. This was a perfect and smooth transaction. Thank you Denkiman808, aka @808vudoo. Again, thank you all for the feedback above.