Looking for Padded Zip up Pounches !!!

jtice

Flashaholic
I carry a good bit of equipment with me on hikes, trips etc.
I have a variety of large and medium bags and packs to carry things in, but I have one main problem.
All my smaller items, like, lights, Pocket PC, MP3 player, GPS, etc tend to get thrown in the bag.

I was looking at things like the Spec-Ops Pack-Rat, which I may get some time for the real small things.
Knives, Multi tools, lighter, pens, etc.

What I am currently trying to find are some small rectangle padded zip pouches.
I will need a few of them, so I want something cheap. Mainly just looking to protect things from scratches.

Here is one example I found, but this is WAY too expensive for what I want, and fancier than I need.
I dont really need any loops, compartments, etc inside it.
http://www.geek.com/hwswrev/palmpilot/brenthaven/

www.cheaperthandirt.com used to have some for about $3, they were simply a rectangle zip pouch that was just large enough to place a pistol in. But, they dont seem to have them anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Can anyone help me find a source for these?
Thanks.

~John

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
How big are you talking? Also are you dead set on zippers? You might take a look at these though one you've already mentioned, the PackRat.

-LT

jtice

Flashaholic
Looking for fairly small ones.
about 4"x6" , 6"x8" maybe.
about 1 to 2" thick

the Packrat is nice, but its more of an organizer for real small parts.

want to get a few of them,
put pocket pc in one, portable Hard drive in another, etc.

I would prefer zippers to velcro, but not dead set on it

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eyeglass case is about 3x6x1 and you can see the contents I use in the link above. Is it too small?

I've got 2 Firelite drives (60/80GB) one in an old Palm zip case and another in a neoprene velcro case, I think it was designed for PDAs too. You might consider PDA or electronic dictionary cases as well. I've seen a lot of padded drawstring pouches but they use open cell foam.

-LT

jtice

Flashaholic
Thats not a bad pouch, might be alittle small for my needs though.
I have a fairly large PPC, it have a 4" screen.
You say you have portable hard drives in that small case?

The pouch you have in the middle if more the size I need.

Im actually looking for a 20+ GB laptop drive now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Want to make a portable "on the go" usb drive.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I thought you wanted it for other things like you list above. The harddrives won't fit but lights, MP3 player, etc. will fit. Here's a shot of the cases I use most.
img0809small6en.jpg

I've used the SmartDisk Firelite for a couple of years and just bought another. One has been in my pack everyday for those 2 years and hasn't given me a problem yet. They are both firewire though. I picked up a USB one but ended up giving it to my Mom. It wasn't as reliable using just the USB port power as my firewire ones, sometimes I had to get extra juice to it.

-LT

jtice

Flashaholic
That green one looks really nice.
What are the aprox inside dimensions?
How much is it and where?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lymph

Enlightened
If you're near a big fishing/sporting good store, or a fly-fishing shop, see if they have a fly wallet. There are many types, but the common ones are canvas with soft, woolly padding on the inside. They zip up around the edges, and resemble a wallet.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The green one is about 4.75x6.5x1 and is semi hard, no foam inside. It has DICT. printed on the outside so I think that it was intended for electronic dictionaries. I can't remember exactly what it cost, maybe $15. I picked it up here in Japan but they likely have them over there too.

I'm headed back to the US at the end of this month and figured I could just bring you a couple of the orange (could be other colors) type if the place I go has them. I figure you could find some use for them. They aren't much so I'd just let you have them gratis.

The green and the other black HD case, under the HD in the pic, are available in an electronics store I frequent and they've got lots of sizes but they can run pretty high depending on construction. They've got one that is made out of something like memory foam and they show an egg being dropped on it w/o breaking. They usually are the most as you'd expect.

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's one that might work. If you can't find what you want drop me a line and I'll see what we can do.

If I recall you also were interested in the cases I use for CR123s. I might run across something like those too when I go to the shop.

-LT

jtice

Flashaholic
Thats a pretty nice looking one, though they have a Visor PPC in it, which is a good bit smaller than my PPC.
So I am not sure mine would fit.

Who would have thought something like this would be so hard to find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Yea, if you run across any pouches like the ones you had those 123s in, pick me up a couple, I could use them for my Pilas maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

...search continues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif