Looking for single unit battery for my First-Light Tomahawk

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,
The battery compartment in my First-Light Tomahawk is too narrow to accept 18650 cells. Any suggestions on what I can use? I'm thinking 16650. I'm looking for a protected cell. Thanks

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't be much help since I am not familiar with the light. But for some of my more narrow lights, I did buy Sanyo 16650 from intl-outdoor.com and I am quite happy with them. Be sure to buy the black ones for an additional $2.95 a pair to get the protected battery you ask for.

rocketsurgeon01

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking on that site but I read that some people had some bad experiences with them. What's your experience? Doesn't seem like you had any problems.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience has been good for the 3 orders I placed. Seems like they have a few things to offer that most of the other over seas websites don't.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have one and I believe it took a 17650. You may want to email Firstlight and see what they suggest!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
late response but EDC+ sells 17670 cells (protected 16650's basically) and those might work.

I never knew the Tomahawks might be able to take a single rechargeable. I've been in love with my Tomahawk LE since I bought it on eBay and I even got it modded to an XP-G2 (1C tint) and it makes a great light even better.

I've heard 2x 16340s will work, but you lose mode spacing or something.