Looking for Surefire download-catalogs

schrenz

Enlightened
As the title says,
a question to all sureholics:
Please post links to surfire catalog downloads, especially older ones (before-2005) I have found a 2004 several weeks ago, but I can't find it again:crazy: .

Thanks for the support.
Jens

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the bottom of this page, it contains catalogs for 2002, 2003 and 2004. The 2005 catalog can be found here, and the 2006 catalog here.
Real interesting to read the 2002 catalog, first year of LED lights. And what happened to the regulated incans?

Sigbjoern

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lurveleven said:
Real interesting to read the 2002 catalog, first year of LED lights. And what happened to the regulated incans?

Sigbjoern

Confounded L.E.D. things got fashionable and SureFire got side-tracked.
I do my best to forgive PK for this but I'm still holding out for an M1000.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
man i wish they would have kep up the regulated incadesents did inyone ever get one? did they ever sell them? did you look at the first release a2 they said that they were an e2e body and head they look pretty weird too

Size15's

Flashaholic
None were ever released although I've played with them.
The Digital M3T was totally awesome!

Back then the L1 and L2 were both much longer than they are today and both were LuxeonI. The A2 was not yet ready for release which was the same situation was the L1 and L2 of course.
In fact, much of the new product was shown far too early and it was clear that much of it would never be released.
It was a case of having so many ideas but only the time to make a tiny number of them. Nothing has changed apart from SureFire is now far more cautious to ensure that it only publishes products it fully intends to release.

CPF continues to get a bit more insight of course when PK hosts a party at SHOT Show. For flashaholics its the party of the year to be at!

Al

Chehalis

Newly Enlightened
"We abandoned work on new incandescent lights two years ago and bet on solid state: the LED. It has been very rewarding," Kim said.

Pretty much says it all. It's too bad as I have yet to see an LED that has the color rendition that incandescents have. Even the best white LEDs make things like leaves and foliage look like a blue-grey blur. With an incandescent colors and detail are preserved close to how you see it in the daylight. I don't see how Surefire will get around this.

Size15's

Flashaholic
benchmade_boy said:
when was the last time they introduced a new incadesent not just improved a model but released a new model?

The A2 if I recall correctly. Yes, I believe the A2 was released after the 10X.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm suprised they would put so much in their catalog that was only prototypes, but it was a very intereresting read.
When looking at PK's desk I'm sure there have been plenty of different prototypes, even for new incans, few have heard of outside Surefire. I'm hoping they will release a rechargable and regulated incan one day that uses Li-Ion batteries.
It all depends on what market they concentrate on, it looks like they are trying to reach out to more personal users than they did before, maybe the reason for larger focus on LEDs?

Sigbjoern

Chehalis

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

I just think that statement (made last year actually) was a bit premature. I guess that makes it about three years since they stopped R&D on incandescent designs then. I haven't seen anything from LED or HID designs that holds a candle to plain old incandescents in terms of accurate color rendition. I'm sure progress will be made and there are great things in store but in the meantime? Ah, what could have been...

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody tell me what was current for Surefire as of 2000? 1990? This is research for a story I'm working on.