Turbo_E

Turbo_E

Enlightened
will this kill my prized Fenix?

results? sob stories?

B

BrightGal

Banned
I'm intersted too. Can you use a lithium ion battey in the L0P SE? Is it brighter if you do? Any long term damage to the light or LED?

This curious broad wants to know as I have a new L0P SE!

zapper

zapper

Enlightened
4sevens tried it first then I did also. There are two or three threads on the L0P-SE that have more info. ***TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK*** Here's a link to a review with beam shots that I did here and here . Great for short bursts with ludicrous amounts of light but heats up quick on high.

B

BrightGal

Banned
Zapper, thanks for the post and the informative links. I think I'll stick with my lithium primary AAAs as I use my L0P SE a whole lot and frequently on high too. I don't want it to get damaged or get too hot either.

How about the L0D? I understand it can use lithium ion batteries.

Last edited:
N

null07

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes I use lithiums rechargeables, keeping very shortly on high mode.
Like already mentioned +++TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK+++

N

null07

Newly Enlightened
BrightGal said:
Zapper, thanks for the post and the informative links. I think I'll stick with my lithium primary AAAs as I use my L0P SE a whole lot and frequently on high too. I don't want it to get damaged or get too hot either.

How about the L0D? I understand it can use lithium ion batteries.

In LOD you can safely use lithium rechargeables.

Concept

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I will stick with the Primary cells in this one. Neat little light I want to keep for a while. I would have to think that it would shorten the life of the emitter.

N

null07

Newly Enlightened
Concept said:
I think I will stick with the Primary cells in this one. Neat little light I want to keep for a while. I would have to think that it would shorten the life of the emitter.

Surely it'll shorten emitter life, but I am not going to use it 100.000 hours :grin2:.
A few thousands or even hundreds will be enough. After I'll buy newest model eg. LOD CE