Love the headlamps, hate the headbands

feifei

Banned
sometine it is uncomfortable to wear a headlamp,maybe more confortable headband is in need.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I agree with OP - I've got an older but high quality Petzl headlamp and have tried half a dozen of the newer ones and nothing comes close to the quality, well thought out Petzl design.

Of course when they made it there wasn't much changing in the world of lumens/watt so they could have more confidence the R&D they put into the band would be worth it.

MarkG1953

Newly Enlightened
Re: Love the headlamps, hate the headbands PRROBLEM SOLVED

Need a new headband? Think RUBBER and not just any rubber...silicone rubber!
I recently needed to replace the 1" strap on my Petzl and, with a little persistence and luck, found the ultimate solution!
This strap is perfect. It should last forever, is really comfortable, won't stretch out, is waterproof, and can (probably) be used to pick up extremely HOT objects!
It cost ~$21 delivered - yes maybe 30% more than the typical elastic replacement strap but - it's well worth it.
Hyperlink: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZZFZ6U/?tag=cpf0b6-20
SPECS:
Brand Name
FoxFury
Part Number
600-027
Material Type
Silicone
Number of Items
EAN
Overall Width
0.98 inches
UNSPSC Code
UPC

...Enjoy!

:clap:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't think I would like a strap made out of silicone without some sort of fabric on it. Pretty sure the FoxFury one is for helmets.

Sphinxxx

Newly Enlightened

My H32 the simplest of little holders, but i got a big headband from ZL for the H600 and It looks like the headbands that they sell for the H52 are the same build and they include a top strap. I cant imagine that not holding a 2oz headlamp. I use one of the newer ZL headband and holder to strap a MUCH heavier light to the side of my head. It is really floppy without the top strap, but quite secure with it. In the pictures on ZL website it looks like the H52s dont include a top strap when shipped as a package. That alone would make a huge difference. Am i totally wrong here?

larcal

Newly Enlightened

Need a new headband? Think RUBBER and not just any rubber...silicone rubber!
I recently needed to replace the 1" strap on my Petzl and, with a little persistence and luck, found the ultimate solution!
This strap is perfect. It should last forever, is really comfortable, won't stretch out, is waterproof, and can (probably) be used to pick up extremely HOT objects!

The fabric band on my pixa 3 has been stretching pretty fast. Do you mean to say you like this for bare head? That you use it this way yourself?

larcal

Newly Enlightened

Don't think I would like a strap made out of silicone without some sort of fabric on it. Pretty sure the FoxFury one is for helmets.

Vortus--what does a silicone band, no fabric, feel like? I see one is made for a Petzyl pixa is offered and I'm tempted.