Low power <5mw green DPSS

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
What's the current best deal available for a good quality <5mw green DPSS laser?

I want something to use as a presentation pointer; eyeball burning power is specifically not desirable.

Madz

Enlightened
Atlasnova CPF special. (not <5mW) Leadlights I believe are 5mW and are from what I understand very good.

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Madz said:
Atlasnova CPF special. (not <5mW) Leadlights I believe are 5mW and are from what I understand very good.

BAD idea.

Don't get this laser for presentations. It's WAY too bright. at 30-40mW, people will be avoiding looking at where you're pointing.

AtlasNova has some great pointers though. Ask Arnold for a good deal on something ~5mW. Tell him you're from CPF, but don't want the CPF Special because it's too powerful. He'll work something out with you.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I am using the Jasper Curve for this and I am very satisfied. Not only does it run on CR123 batteries, but it also offers some kind of regulation with a high stability of output and 100% duty cycle ... and ... it can be switched on continiously if so desired. A very nice gadget that immediately makes a difference to those cheap ebay pointers.

The only problem is price. :green: ... but here in the laser forum, price isn't really a point I have learned.

bernhard

JasperCurve.jpg

Nisei

Newly Enlightened
If it's just for presentations why not buy a cheap $25 eBay pointer?

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
Nisei said:
If it's just for presentations why not buy a cheap $25 eBay pointer?

Also a bad idea.

Cheap eBay pointers tend to have no IR Filter. they may be <5mW of visible light, but with no IR filter they could be pushing much more than that in invisible light that's just as dangerous.

I still recommend going to Arnold at AtlasNova and seeing what kind of a deal he can make with you.

http://www.atlasnova.com <--information on how to contact him.

SenKat

Enlightened
I own multiple "cheap" and some not so cheap ebay pointers, and can say with 100% certainty that NONE of them are lacking IR filters. All DPSS type lasers will have some sort of IR leakage - 50mw or less is typical, but the highest one I found was on a 250mw it leaked 47mw of IR - and that was due to the IR filter not mounted properly. The others I have exibit 4mw or less IR leakage and post results at or above their rated power. It is disturbing to see so many posts every where - someone got a hold of a pointer that was bad - now all of them are bad ? C'mon - that makes very little sense to me. Not playing devil's advocate, or trying to be nasty - but not all Ebay lasers are bad - you have to test to see if what you have works within specs or not, that's all.

:dedhorse: