LOWER ELECTRIC BILLS because of FLASHLIGHTS!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you live alone. When we had 3 teenagers at home, all the lights were on all the time no matter what. Putting compact fluorescents all around the house dropped the electricity bill about $40 a month (all the lights still on all the time...).

One time one of my daughters came home and had turned on basically every light in the house (she didn't like a dark house). I found her watching TV in the den and I told her I had to compliment her. She had been almost perfect. She had almost managed to turn on every light in the house, except she had missed just one in the 2nd bathroom.

For some reason, she took that as sarcasm....

Now they're all out of the house, I can play in the dark with my flashlights, my wife rolls her eyes occasionally, and I really miss those years...

Last edited:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
jch79 said:
Rechargeables. Recharged at work. ;)

Energy thief. :goodjob:

I never turn on lights at night, I use either my L2D or my Raw NS for lighting at night as well as in the morning. And as was said above using ~12lm in the bathroom in the morning is perfect for showering and waking up. After I get out of the shower I bump the L2D to medium and finishe getting ready. There is simply no reason for 3000lm when you are half asleep. These habits do save money even if your wife thinks you are an absolute nerd. In the last month I have been replacing most of my incanc with cfls and have reduced the amount of available watts for lighting by over 500 watts. Also I keep the house as warm as I can bear (~75) in the summer and we rarely use the heater in the winter it is set at 58.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am justifying my addiction.... living alone , I understand why my parents told me to shut the lights off.

Woods

Newly Enlightened
LightInDarkness said:
In fact, I have found it most relaxing to shower using an LED light illuminating the room rather than the bank of vanity lights over the mirror.

Ha! So I'm not alone. Often when I get a new light I'll use it in candle mode for shower-time. I don't feel I've bonded adequately with a new member to the family unless it's seen me nekkid.

Hmmm....hope I didn't just cast a shadow over any of my future sales down in BST....
:bumpit:

Latest posts