Lowest low light level - comparative beamshots

nbp

nbp

Flashaholic
Quantum Tunneling Composite. Some great threads on it in the Modified lights section. It's a foamy material with bits of metal in it that conducts electricity when compressed.

LightWalker

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, thanks for the info. on the QTC, I'm gonna have to check it out.

S

Snow

Enlightened
I find that I am gravitating towards lights that have a very low level. The first level on my Ra Twisty is set to 0.08 lumens. I am also a big fan of the Photon Freedoms. They have a great UI and it's easy to have the light come on at a very low level. I also just got the Sunwayman V10R and the low on that is barely a glow of the LED. Pretty comparable to the Ra, maybe a hair brighter.

Enlightened
Re: How low can your light go?

medium.jpg

DRY brand budget light. Usually it takes 3 x 18650, but this is with 2 x 18650 discharged to 3.65V. Low mode (out of 4 levels).

Current reading is 984.2 microamps. DRY to the left (you can see that one LED is going to extinguish already), right is 1.8 lumens from a iTP EOS A1.

Enlightened

Extreme!

184 seconds, f1.4, ISO1600.

DRY triple XM-L cold-white. XM-Ls just glow red! (they glow red even at 2500k manual WB)
Even with dark adapted eyes, you can't see if it's switched on....you'd need night vision or with the aid of the camera.

original.jpg

Y

yliu

Enlightened

^
Could it be just after you turn off the light, the LEDs still remain glowing for a while until it fades out?

The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

^
Could it be just after you turn off the light, the LEDs still remain glowing for a while until it fades out?

The de-domed 4000K SST-90 in my Varapower Turbo V2 does that. Also the Nichia 183 4500K 92cri I have in a modded light does this. They sort of fade out for a few seconds. The Nichia glows for quite a while.

Last edited:
Wiggle

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Extreme!
Even with dark adapted eyes, you can't see if it's switched on....

Haha reminds me of Seinfeld "it cuts slices so thin you can't even see them".