• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Luce de Notte -- the orginal sales thread

mymymy1

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Are the white torches with spheres avaliable now?

And how much for one.

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Here comes my Luce "Alien's Eye"

luce1.jpg

luce2.jpg

luce3.jpg

Jochen

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Fred, leaving the sphere such exposed was not planned, but the sphere was too big to go deeper into the reflector.
But I have to say that I really love the look of this "eyeball" :)
The top of the sphere is still behind the front metal ring so I do not see a too big risk.

Thanks so much again for making this happen, even it take so long that the sphere already lost nearly half of it's brightness ;-)
It was totally worth the wait!

First offers are already coming per PM, but as long as there is not a really insane one this luce will be a for life keeper...

luce4.jpg

Jochen

Last edited:

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am wondering if you have ever made any of these using the 22mm round discs like in the self luminous torch? If so, I'd love to see what they look like. Thanks!

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I am wondering if you have ever made any of these using the 22mm round discs like in the self luminous torch? If so, I'd love to see what they look like. Thanks!

No, but if someone has a 22mm disc and wants in installed in a Luce, I'm interested in that. Can one still buy the 22mm discs?

sio2ga

Newly Enlightened
I don't think so, but they still make the Betalight self luminous torches so that tells me they probably still make fresh 22mm discs. I was thinking of buying one and removing the disc. They are usually $149 on ebay so buying the disc by itself would be much better price-wise. At least, I hope it would.

R055

Newly Enlightened
!!! Searching for a tritium sphere or Luce De Notte tritium light. If you have any you're willing to part with, please shoot me a message at [email protected], or messages on here. Much appreciated!! I have venmo, paypal, crypto, etc. Thanks!

nbp

Flashaholic
I wish the cool builders like Fred were still around. I loved watching creative pet projects like this come together!

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to know what the OTF lumens on these babies are. Really, I like dim lights. Also, I have had a recurring nightmare recently where some distant cosmological event stops electricity from ever working again. Just awful, take my word for it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'd like to know what the OTF lumens on these babies are. Really, I like dim lights.
It's been so long since I had one but at the time I did use a lot of very low output options, one even being a AA Arc with luminous paint on the reflector, and while sub-optimal, these low output light sources are usable for someone willing to work within the restraints of their limited range and move slowly.

nghtritty

Newly Enlightened
Re: Now Taking Payments: Luce de Notte (unless you have an H3 sphere already)

Glad to make one for you--how does this look? I'm calling it the Exclamation Luce de Notte. :devil:Exclamation_Luce_de_Notte.png

Rest assured the tailcap won't be that shiny--I need to refine my renderings. :)
Hello I know these posts are old but just wondering if you still have anything available