Lumapower IncenDio V3 Uprade review

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunga, you won't believe this....It pulled 2.4A on a 4.21v AWRCR123! It pulled 2.2A on a BatteryStation RCR. And it pulled 2.65A on an Redilast 2900 18650!!! This is my new favorite light! :devil: It has amazing output for it's size. I have nothing else like it.

With the turbo head running on RCRs it has infreakincredible throw for it's size. No doubt, for throw it probably blows away ANYTHING in it's size range short of aspherics. What a POCKET ROCKET!

I expect it will also pull 2.65A on an AW IMR16340. I will find out tomorrow when they get here.

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE!!! I retested running the current through the switch instead of with the switch removed and it will only pull a maximum of 1.7A on IMR16340s which gave a 2.98A tailcap reading.

I also confirmed that there is quite a difference in brightness running at ~2.8A with the switch bypassed than at ~1.6A with the switch operating normally. The light gets hot QUICK running at 2.8A!

Needs a better switch! :devil:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunga, with the tailcap in place and pulling 1.6A I'd say it's very usable. I ran it 6 minutes (on an 18650) and recorded a temp of 125 degrees at the hottest point on the head. The starting temp was about 90. Not bad. I haven't tested the difference in temp between the 123 and 18650 bodies.

I haven't tested the temp with the tailcap bypassed but I can easily tell that it heats up quicker. Is it usable like this at 2.8A? Not for long I think.

HKJ, I've been using the same DMM for a good long while now and have used it to test current all the way up to about 5.8A (hotwire) and it has always seemed to show about what it should. It showed 3A on my then stock X10, for example, and then over 5A once direct driven. So, I don't think it's acting as too much of a restriction.

Anybody have an idea on a better clicky switch that would fit this light? Running it at 2.8A is cool...uuhh, well hot really...but I hate having to treat this thing like a twisty.

zell666hell

Newly Enlightened
Where do you buy the XM-L led that fits in the Incendio?

Thanks MashBill. I like my Incendio even better now that I have a neutral XM-L in it. Lumapower does not glue their lights, allowing people to mod if they want.

:)

Here's the mod

CSC_0352.jpg

But then I put a teflon shroud to clean up the appearance

CSC_0382.jpg

And the crappy beamshot. You may not be able to see it,. but the beam is a lot warmer, floodier, and cleaner.

DSC_0357.jpg

Last edited:

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
Hi gunga, excellent review- thank you.

I received this light in the mail today and love it so far! :twothumbs

You mentioned: "While the knurling is effective, I do find the ergonomics of the light are greatly improved by adding a simple rubber o-ring to the light. There is a groove just ahead of the clip that is a perfect fit. The o-ring improves the gripping ability of the clip and also provides a secure ridge for a cigar grip."

Where might I purchase an o-ring to accomplish this? And what size do you recommend?
:thinking:

Thanks again!