LumaPower M1 Hunter

sims2k

Enlightened
Anyone has their hands on the new M1 yet ? How is it compared to the original M1 ? I need a light that can withstand rain,snow and dust with excellent throw. Or should I be looking at other lights too ? Thanks.

Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Hey Ricky, any idea when the new tail cap will be available for sale? I have to say that the M1 has turned into my EDC light but the tailcap just doesn't work for me.

flashy bazook said:
fellas,

check out M1 with some reworkings is coming out.

they are doing the tactical switch many have wanted plus a couple of other changes. I guess for many one important thing is the timing, since supplies from Lumapower had been completely sold out and production was halted for some weeks because of the Chinese New Year!

Those of you who have already ordered may want to double check what version you are getting.

Also, the new version is a bit longer - so those ordering holsters may want to check that those they tracked down/ordered still fit!

good luck!

M1 updates with Photo : 9-Mar-2007

New M1 will be avaliable on 25-Mar-2007

1. Overall length increase
2. Tail-switch changed, perfectly tail-stand and easy to press.
3. LED-module changed for best fit with 18650.
4. GID Glass-Top O-ring pre-installed.
5. Thread-coating for better conduction and corrosion resistance.
6. Tactical module for new M1 (options)
7. Fast-Detach Holster with Battery compartment (options)

more pictures... (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...4&postcount=348)

Best rgds.

Ricky - Lumapower Team

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cartman said:
Hey Ricky, any idea when the new tail cap will be available for sale? I have to say that the M1 has turned into my EDC light but the tailcap just doesn't work for me.
I use it quite a bit too -- probably the most of any of my Cree lights (aside from L0D CE -- always on my keychain means it gets used on the most occasions, not necessarily for longest time). The switch isn't bad, more resilient than most reverse clickies and the fact that it's recessed means it's not likely to be switched on accidentally. It's definitely the nicest of the "reverse clicky" type, but the momentary clicky would be a big improvement, and I'd definitely buy one to replace it -- heck, if the Lumapower forward clicky switch could be made to fit in other lights, I might buy several.

reltor

Newly Enlightened
Well, I guess I jumped the gun and am sorry for being slightly negative. I just do not like the reverse non-momentary switches at all.

Hi,

No, the Tactical M1 comes with a Press-or-Twist type switch, not a forward clickie.

The Forward-clickie (Tactical-clickie) is now under development and will fit all M1.

Thanks and best rgds.

Ricky - Lumapower Team

Ricky Tsang,[email protected]
2007-03-15

I bought my last lumapower after this run-around. I have never seen a forward clickie for the original M1's