Lumapower MRV 210

looman

Enlightened
Thanks for asking the question Vermonter73, I was wondering the same thing, although with those excellent directions by StephanFS, I believe I could probably install one (whatever it is).

Edit.... oh, a quick Google brought up the SureFire tape switch... which seems to provide remote operation of the light, for instance if it was mounted on a gun I believe.

Spot on DD - that is exactly what it is and what it is used for.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
On balance, I think i prefer the A8 as i like the single switch on the rear than the twin system employed by the MRV.
Simon

The MRV uses a single stage switch on the tailcap - hi/low is set by using the midbody switch. This allows for the user to turn the light on at a pre-set level rather than having toi cycle through modes every time.

looman

Enlightened
The MRV uses a single stage switch on the tailcap - hi/low is set by using the midbody switch. This allows for the user to turn the light on at a pre-set level rather than having toi cycle through modes every time.

Yes I understand the advantage of this but I intend to mod to a tape switch and mount onto a rifle so this facility is of no use to me for the main use this unit will be put to. I also have a U2 but find the U2 irritating having to use 2 hands to adjust output when a pump on the bum will do the job for mem single handed. I agree it is not ideal but.....

My main gripe about the A8 is that the unit doesnt have momentary which is useful to me but there isnt a perfect light out there so its a question of balance.

I also get the impression the A8 is better on the beam and will run longer on single cell rechargeables than the MRV so in the field I wont have to do a battery change mid way.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
According to Flashlight reviews, the P3D-CE puts out about 130 lumen (overall output times 1.39)

You might be able to use the MRV switch in the A8, or you could also solder on a new momentary switch.

The kick of a gun might compress the spring enough to push the battery far back enough to disconnect the battery from one of the springs and cause the light to flash when the gun is fired.

looman

Enlightened
According to Flashlight reviews, the P3D-CE puts out about 130 lumen (overall output times 1.39)

You might be able to use the MRV switch in the A8, or you could also solder on a new momentary switch.

The kick of a gun might compress the spring enough to push the battery far back enough to disconnect the battery from one of the springs and cause the light to flash when the gun is fired.

this will be a PCP air rifle therefore no recoil. Otherwise it will be a .22LR or maybe a .17HMR both of which do not have sufficent recoil for this to happen.

If i go bigger calibre, chances are i will need to engage at further ranges than the A* or MRV can illuminate and i want to go well beyond that to check the area behind any quarry is safe.

This means i will be chucking a 1 or 2 mill candlepower unit at it rather than an LED unit and it will probably be with a buddy who will lamp for me rather than be solo & gun mounted only.

kostasg17

Newly Enlightened
hi there , i am looking for some MRV spare parts or even the flashlight itself , any luck finding some ?