Lumen output of Aleph's

Kiessling

Kiessling

Moderator,
Re: Lumen output of Aleph\'s

LEDagent ... IIRC the lumen ratings used by SF are highly conservative and best viewed as "minimum" numbers, your average L4 should be brighter than 65lm. IIRC Gransee has tested one to about 80lm, but I might be wrong.
The L4 is different from the Alephs though as the Aleph1 and 3 head have much superior throw.

Obviously for a maximunm luminous output you'd need a maxed out drive current ... but remember that efficiency and runtime go down strongly then and heat will be an issue depending on your desired combo.

If a DB917 was tested at 65lm in an Aleph, you'd need a DB1200 to notice any difference ...

bernie

P.S.: wasn't this thread about babes?

L

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow...i didn't realize. I got excited when i saw those numbers though.

Don't mind the next paragraphs...i start mumbling to myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll probably go with a 917mah drive with a wiz or NG. I've seen people getting 30-40 minutes with this setup on a R123. That's enoegh for me for EDC.

Boy...still sounds like LuxV is better for lumen output. I'm guessing i could achieve an L4 brightness with a LuxV running at (600-700mah) at least half of the required current needed to drive a LuxIII at 70-80 lumens (1.2A).

Kiessling

Kiessling

Moderator,

LuxV at 660mA is the L4.
And yes, you have half the current compared to a 1.2A-driven LuxIII, but twice the voltage ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
bernie