Wurkkos

Lumens Factory E-series bodies

id30209

CPF Supporter
Yes, indeed.
thermal guy was right, the E Series SW01 Fatty was supposed to have tritium slots in the first place.
But our machinist forgot and it was found out after anodising so we can't really do anything.
That was why it launched without tritium slots.

I now have a change of plans however.
You see, in order to put tritium slots on the E Series SW01 Fatty, the dimensions would have to change so the look would be altered.
I made 3 rounds of prototypes and were not happy with any of them.

So the E Series SW01 Fatty tailcap will stay unchanged so it can retain the shape of the original SW01 Fatty.

An E Series SW01 Slim aka "Baker's Cap" will be made with the tritium slots since the shape does not need to change and I am happy with the look of it.

While I am at it, I made a E Series SW01 "Skinny" aka UM00 as will, but that will not have tritium slots since there is no place to put them.

I don't usually reveal unreleased products, but I'll make an exception this time. :D

Cheers.

Mark

Oooooooooooooh

This is going to be hawt!

greatscoot

CPF Supporter
Yes, indeed.
thermal guy was right, the E Series SW01 Fatty was supposed to have tritium slots in the first place.
But our machinist forgot and it was found out after anodising so we can't really do anything.
That was why it launched without tritium slots.

I now have a change of plans however.
You see, in order to put tritium slots on the E Series SW01 Fatty, the dimensions would have to change so the look would be altered.
I made 3 rounds of prototypes and were not happy with any of them.

So the E Series SW01 Fatty tailcap will stay unchanged so it can retain the shape of the original SW01 Fatty.

An E Series SW01 Slim aka "Baker's Cap" will be made with the tritium slots since the shape does not need to change and I am happy with the look of it.

While I am at it, I made a E Series SW01 "Skinny" aka UM00 as will, but that will not have tritium slots since there is no place to put them.

I don't usually reveal unreleased products, but I'll make an exception this time. :D

Cheers.

Mark

That is great news, can’t wait to see these.

[email protected]

CPF Supporter
PONK8ST.jpg
mLfc8fy.jpg

XqB1EW0.jpg
rreDZJs.jpg

71BczI0.jpg

Hi Guys,

Some new items released today.
Not E Series related, these are the old school Z14/Z31 Style Tailcaps that use the "Plunger" type momentary switch.
We used our new Copper Plunger momentary switch for it.

While we were at it we made the SW01 "Skinny" Tailcap which used the same plunger switch, but we spiced it up with the addition of 8 Tritium slots.
The old style "Recessed Smooth" and "Raised Checkered" Silicone Tailcap boots for the above 2 tailcaps are also available separately and also made in GITD.

Now you can finally replace those 2 decades old dry rotted rubber tailcap boots on your old style Laser Products lights with these new silicone tailcap boots.

Hope you guys like them.

Mark

a1sealbeach

Hey. Mark. Great work. I love it. So what did you decided to make top thickness on this UM00 Tailcap?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

[email protected]

CPF Supporter
Hey. Mark. Great work. I love it. So what did you decided to make top thickness on this UM00 Tailcap?

Good question, not many people knows about the 2 different versions of the UM00 nowadays.
I made the version with the thinner top, so there is more room for travel for the plunger switch.

Cheers.

Mark

a1sealbeach

You probably already knew, but some thin top UM switches come with O-ring. If it's not, then it would be missing. I was guessing that O-ring compensate that different thickness. Or simply hold boot better inside of switch. I love hear from someone who knows better than I do.

[email protected]

CPF Supporter
You probably already knew, but some thin top UM switches come with O-ring. If it's not, then it would be missing. I was guessing that O-ring compensate that different thickness. Or simply hold boot better inside of switch. I love hear from someone who knows better than I do.

Yes, "thin top" UM switches comes with a thick O-Ring that compensate for the different in thickness.
It is used and needed to hold the 2 versions of tape switch. (the UM07 fixed cord tape switch and the other version that has a detachable cord)

When a Plunger Switch is used, that O-Ring is not used because it will interfere with the travel of the switch.

Cheers.

Mark

a1sealbeach

Ah. I totally forget about newer UMxx with speratable internal switch. Yap it make sense. Thanks Mark to recall my old memory.

id30209

CPF Supporter
Mark is truely amazing.
P60-E head and E2T clip tailcap paired with Fivemega 18500 E body.
9c9a506cbc9a42b3aa029586f412d7f9.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

akula88

I finally received from additional tailcaps from the mail yesterday. Along with it are Mark's (LF) 'discarded test sample' of the HA-Natural E2 and E1 18650 bodies. Mark intimated that he was not satisfied with the anodizing tint. But frankly, it was near perfect with me -- as it's near the brownish tint of latest E1L/E2e body/tailcap (sorry not on the photo); although it's relatively in contrast with the original grayish-gray of the SF E-series.
6xcCOFm.jpg

Close-up of the (HA-Nat test sample) E1 18650 body
8Yll0Sn.jpg

Scotty321

I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this, but... has Lumens Factory ever considered making a right angle head for the e-series bodies?

sp00ky

Hi Mark.

Are you contemplating to introduce an adapter that would make it possible to attach a Surefire Dual Fuel Scout head to an e series body?

That should be a quite simple task, depending on the inner / outer thread diameters of the head / light body.

I wondered if this could help the issue.