Lumens Factory E-series bodies

A

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Need to post a comparison pic of the SF SW01 vs. Lumens Factory mini SW01 for E-series. Lights are a Surefire M3 Turbo and a Surefire E2D. Such a nice job done with these tailcaps!!!!

20220221 061652

A

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I agree. An SW01 tailcap, Fatty or Slim, is an outstanding addition to an E-series build.

And it's amazing I can actually turn on an E-series light wearing gloves now. Twist and go. You kind of could with a Z52, but not as easily. Who would have thought that would happen... Most importantly.. it just looks cool though.

Last edited:
C

chip100t

Enlightened
I am thinking at a lumens factory 2 cell classic e series body that can take 18650 unprotected cells.
Unprotected cells are fine with lumens factory e series heads as they have low voltage protection built in, but what about with my surefire defender ultra 1000 lm head.
Would that drain unprotected cells beyond safe levels if I was not careful?
Any other reasons why unprotected cells may not be ideal with surefire heads?

Any h lp would be appreciated.

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well surefires are generally designed for lithium primary cells so they have no need for low voltage protection. Actually it would be a downside as you wouldn’t be able to completely drain your cells. So no, it will not have LVP. Other issues, well depending on the design you may overdrive the circuitry and ruin the light as the voltage for rechargeable cells are higher voltage. And a single 18650 may not be enough

Long RunTime

Long RunTime

Enlightened
Got some from Mark today. Got the brass bezel for my RPM brass body & tailcap, I wish he made the brass and Titanium e head, too.
From front row left to right:
1) C2 with PEU bezel and SW01 Skinny (aka UM00) McClicky Tailcap.
2) 6PP pineapple with Z44 Tritium Slotted Bezel and OR Triad tailcap.
3) E2P Pineapple with P60 to E Bezel and E Series SW01 Slim 'Baker's Cap'.
4) OR E70 body with P60 to E bezel and Defender Tritium Slotted Tailstanding McClicky Tailcap for Surefire P/Z/G/C.
5) E2 Classic Gen 1 with E Series Teardrop 3 Mode Head Unit and E Series Deep Pocket Carry Tailcap.
6) E1 Classic Gen 1 with OR TorchLAB v5 Triple E/Scout Head and LF E Series Z68 Style Tritium Slotted Defender Tailcap.
7) RPM Brass body, tailcap and SF head with LF brass bezel.

LF