Lumens Factory E-series bodies

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember from an old thread, 2018 I believe, they basically had exact copies of the e1e and e2e. But I can't find them on the site anymore. They're all 18mm compatible now. I much prefer that solid feeling and cr123 rattle free of the thicker walls. I know everyone complained they wanted 18mm cells in there so I know mark can't please everyone.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a P60 E head and tail to suit an E1B.

It took me ages to get my drop in just right. I couldn't get the head to close up fully, and when I tried the lens o-ring kept oozing out.

Stuffed around for ages and was going to leave it for another day. In the end I found a reflector that had a shorter lip on it and the head sealed up perfectly. It was quite frustrating there for a while.

The drop in has a programmable 8x7135 driver which I took 4 chips off to make it 1.5A on max for better run times, particularly on 16340. LED is a Nichia 219B sw45k D220.

Took some quick photos in the dark (trying not to bother anyone with my late night tinkering) in the garage.

IMG_5168.jpeg
IMG_5169.jpeg

I'm pretty happy with it in the end.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got one of the new E series 3 mode (2.7-4.5V) Gen 7 heads with 519a 3000K (or any other LED)?

What's the low voltage indication like. Drop down to low or flashes? I dislike flashes and would prefer a step down without any flashing.

I'd be interested to hear general thoughts and evaluations.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you do?
Well I wouldn't have done anything but when I got the head in stock form there were three big blobs of solder grounding and retaining the driver to the pill. This made the head sit really high leaving a big gap which was abnormally big for an E series.
I was able to remove the pill (it's like a mini P60 drop in) and file down the solder blobs which made the head seat like any other E series head.

After using it for a while I knew I wouldn't use it much as I didn't particularly like the driver (mode spacing and levels). I decided to remove the driver by desoldering the filed down blobs. It was easy to remove and had very thin wires to the LED.
The reflector appears to be glued to the pill so unfortunately LED swaps wouldn't be easy. This also means you can't desolder the driver wires at LED board.
I had to cut the thin LED wires and solder the much thicker wires from the H17Fx driver to them then solder the driver into the pill (without the massive blobs).
I also used copper foil to wrap for a better fit in the head (which was loose) as there's pretty much no thermal path in the design.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I wouldn't have done anything but when I got the head in stock form there were three big blobs of solder grounding and retaining the driver to the pill. This made the head sit really high leaving a big gap which was abnormally big for an E series.
I was able to remove the pill (it's like a mini P60 drop in) and file down the solder blobs which made the head seat like any other E series head.

After using it for a while I knew I wouldn't use it much as I didn't particularly like the driver (mode spacing and levels). I decided to remove the driver by desoldering the filed down blobs. It was easy to remove and had very thin wires to the LED.
The reflector appears to be glued to the pill so unfortunately LED swaps wouldn't be easy. This also means you can't desolder the driver wires at LED board.
I had to cut the thin LED wires and solder the much thicker wires from the H17Fx driver to them then solder the driver into the pill (without the massive blobs).
I also used copper foil to wrap for a better fit in the head (which was loose) as there's pretty much no thermal path in the design.
Ah. I have never seen an original, so I did not know you changed the driver. Looks good.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Man this reminds me of my old single cell lights. Been a while since I carried them, I'll have to dig them out now.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Basically the same lights just different colors. Both modded with H17fx driver, Samsung LH351D 4k led and bored for 18350. The Backup has a Defender head and the Outdoorsman has a KE1 head, both with milled crenulations.

Attachments

• 20240616_165055.jpg
    20240616_165055.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20240616_164947.jpg
    20240616_164947.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 36