Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Just got in a P60 to E Series head and a seraph head. Very pleased with the quality as always and will be ordering more of these E series heads.

I ordered these for spare bodies and dropins I had laying around and I think these P60 heads are more versatile than a VME. It's fits and runs both my nailbender and Malkoff P60 dropins without any issues.

Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p.

Any suggestions? Or are these made specially for seraph bodies?

d4978135cf8ec7388b8354bf17027d98.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

night.hoodie

Enlightened
Mark from Lumens Factory posts in this thread, so he'll know, and I vaguely remember reading something about it in a recent thread with a simple solution, something about a spring I believe. Point is, someone knows. I just looked, and searched, I can't find the thread or remember the details. It was a recent thread, not a few weeks old, requesting bargain 6P options, iirc.

Mind if I pile on the questions for Mark? He's pretty good with monitoring and answering.

I have been meaning to get a couple E heads (for a long long time, since the birth of this thread) with stainless bezels to complete two identical builds. I did not look closely at the pictures until recently, and noticed the stainless bezel finishes appear to be muted, not polished shiny. I was hoping to match the stainless bezels to my shiny stainless Malkoff clips. Is it possible to get a shiny polished finish on those stainless bezels? Thanks Mark.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Here are a some more photos.

The second one shows the big difference between lens sizes on tha E series head vs a VME.

bfbaf0f9b42943467f0119465faf23c0.plist

d1081a2dc861e6e0b2925fc55b11c318.plist

thermal guy

Flashaholic
" Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p. "

Well it won't run a Malkoff without a fitting ring. Mine will rattle around in the head without one. But anything like a SF P60 or P90 works just fine in mine.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Surefire E-series style and earlier thought about some LED upgrade to them. But I have changed my mind and now want to get a few new incandescent modules instead. I am planning to get two heads and lamp modules: one 3V 40 lumen and one 3,7V 90 lumen. These to be used with E1L body and 3V primary and the other with E2L body and a 16650. Maybe I will get some 9V module for Surefire 9/12P as well.
I find it very nice that the manufacturer personally actively participates in the discussion with the costumers at the forum. That is very rare and very much appreciated!

Last edited:

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I celebrate your incan E choice. Some LED comes into the same league as incan, but IMO, is not in the same ballpark, not yet, perhaps not ever, and the only compelling LED choices I see for E is what I would term custom work from Tana, Malkoff or Oveready; worthy product, but it is an investment. Incan is still a cheap thrill, cheap meaning inexpensive, and handful of lamps or incan assemblies and decent Li-ion cells might very well outlast the user.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I celebrate your incan E choice. Some LED comes into the same league as incan, but IMO, is not in the same ballpark, not yet, perhaps not ever, and the only compelling LED choices I see for E is what I would term custom work from Tana, Malkoff or Oveready; worthy product, but it is an investment. Incan is still a cheap thrill, cheap meaning inexpensive, and handful of lamps or incan assemblies and decent Li-ion cells might very well outlast the user.

Thanks! I just placed the order for 2x E Series Elite Heads, 5x HO-E1A 3V, 40 Lumens and 5x EO-E1R 3.6V, 90 Lumens modules. These will be very interesting to try out with my E1L and E2L bodies! :popcorn:

By the way: a question came into my mind: fully charged Li-ions are 4,2V. Can they safely be used with the 3,6V bulb or does the cell need to be below 4V? I have as well 17670 and 16650 cells.

Last edited:

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Mark from Lumens Factory posts in this thread, so he'll know, and I vaguely remember reading something about it in a recent thread with a simple solution, something about a spring I believe. Point is, someone knows. I just looked, and searched, I can't find the thread or remember the details. It was a recent thread, not a few weeks old, requesting bargain 6P options, iirc.

Mind if I pile on the questions for Mark? He's pretty good with monitoring and answering.

I have been meaning to get a couple E heads (for a long long time, since the birth of this thread) with stainless bezels to complete two identical builds. I did not look closely at the pictures until recently, and noticed the stainless bezel finishes appear to be muted, not polished shiny. I was hoping to match the stainless bezels to my shiny stainless Malkoff clips. Is it possible to get a shiny polished finish on those stainless bezels? Thanks Mark.

Thanks for the bump and support.

Well, on the shiny polished bezels: I am afraid that we will not have that, but you can use different grid sandpaper and wet sand the bezels to get a polished shiny look.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks! I just placed the order for 2x E Series Elite Heads, 5x HO-E1A 3V, 40 Lumens and 5x EO-E1R 3.6V, 90 Lumens modules. These will be very interesting to try out with my E1L and E2L bodies! :popcorn:

By the way: a question came into my mind: fully charged Li-ions are 4,2V. Can they safely be used with the 3,6V bulb or does the cell need to be below 4V? I have as well 17670 and 16650 cells.

Thank you for your order, support and nice comments.
I found that interacting directly with customers is the best way to get in touch with demand for new products and also feedbacks that we can use to improve existing products.

Fully charged Li-Ion are 4.2V, we have kept that in mind so the 3.6V lamps are designed to withstand the higher initial voltage of the batteries so no worries.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Just got in a P60 to E Series head and a seraph head. Very pleased with the quality as always and will be ordering more of these E series heads.

I ordered these for spare bodies and dropins I had laying around and I think these P60 heads are more versatile than a VME. It's fits and runs both my nailbender and Malkoff P60 dropins without any issues.

Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p.

Any suggestions? Or are these made specially for seraph bodies?

Thank you for the nice comments, I am happy to hear that you liked our products.

The Seraph SP D26 heads are fully compatible with the Surefire 6P, but it was meant to run modules with the negative contact spring.
So you will need to put a negative contact spring on your P60 module if you are running one that does not come with one.

I will consider including a negative contact spring with every Seraph SP D26 head unit in the future to avoid future confusions.
If you need a negative contact spring, please email us over at the company email.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Some update regarding to E Series Bodies. :)

Thanks to the feedback from our field testers, I have green lighted the Gen 1 Classic E1 and E2 bodies to be 18650 and 18350 able.
They will only accept the flat top single wrap batteries of those sizes of course.
Internal diameter should be about 18.3mm.

Absolutely no protected and fat 18650 cells for obvious reasons, so don't even try.
I'll see how many idiots I get from eBay that ignores the warning and say their 3500mAh super fat protected 18650 don't fit.
If it gets out of hand, I will revert back to 17.3mm internal diameter for a peace of mind.
I honestly don't have the time for that crap no more.

Cheers.

Mark

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Thank you for the nice comments, I am happy to hear that you liked our products.

The Seraph SP D26 heads are fully compatible with the Surefire 6P, but it was meant to run modules with the negative contact spring.
So you will need to put a negative contact spring on your P60 module if you are running one that does not come with one.

I will consider including a negative contact spring with every Seraph SP D26 head unit in the future to avoid future confusions.
If you need a negative contact spring, please email us over at the company email.

Cheers.

Mark

Thanks for getting g back to me on this. I got it to work for now using a combination of springs and a Malkoff bumper oring. If it's ok I will add a note for a negative contact spring on my next order.

I am thinking of building a weapon light using a E to p60 series head and arisaka parts.

Thanks.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your order, support and nice comments.
I found that interacting directly with customers is the best way to get in touch with demand for new products and also feedbacks that we can use to improve existing products.

Fully charged Li-Ion are 4.2V, we have kept that in mind so the 3.6V lamps are designed to withstand the higher initial voltage of the batteries so no worries.

Cheers.

Mark

Thanks for the answer Mark!
I just have another question: because I have the complete setup of the former Outdoorsman series I also have E2L AA model. So I can run the 3V 40 lumen module with 2xAA as well. Maybe a bit under powered with NiMh cells? But can I use it with fresh 2x lithium primaries? I think these are a bit more than 1,5V initial.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark - has the shipping situation (at least to the USA) returned to normal? I thought I saw a couple months back that you were processing orders manually.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I need to order from them myself but my last order is 38 days out and still not here. If I order from the site what's the lead time?

nbp

Flashaholic
Good to know. I have been thinking about an order, but if it's slow going, maybe I will do it now rather than later, and get the process going. It's getting cooler out and all this talk of incans lately has me wanting to build a little E1 Pineapple to warm my hands this winter. ;)

nbp

Flashaholic
Just placed my order! Ooof, for $26 shipping I hope it doesn't end up taking 1.5 months. Oh well, either way, he's the only guy making stuff like this so I'm sure it'll be worth it. Got a HA-NAT pineapple E1P body, E1 head with brass cren ring, NAT Z57 tail and the 90 lms E1R lamp. Should make a fun little incan pocket light to supplement all my LED lights this winter.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Thanks for the answer Mark!
I just have another question: because I have the complete setup of the former Outdoorsman series I also have E2L AA model. So I can run the 3V 40 lumen module with 2xAA as well. Maybe a bit under powered with NiMh cells? But can I use it with fresh 2x lithium primaries? I think these are a bit more than 1,5V initial.

I think you can run it with the 2 x AA cells.

Cheers.

Mark