Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to Mark for everything he's done over the years, and continues to do. I've only bought a couple items years ago, but hope to buy some more in the near future.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will look into the possibilities of making this, seems to be an interesting idea.
Thank you to everyone's suggestion and input.
Mark, as much as you'd like to respect and fulfill other members' wishes and product requests, do remember that you already have a vast product portfolio to manage, and expanding it further could, and would, break your upper threshold at some point. I'd say, one step at a time, and should you develop parts for another light host system, make sure you get enough time and sample parts for studying and R&D. And also do take care of your health too!

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers to Mark for everything he's done over the years, and continues to do. I've only bought a couple items years ago, but hope to buy some more in the near future.
Great to "see" you again here! Any new Bimmer stuff you've acquired lately? Sadly its recent (vehicular) designs have gone out of line (G87 M2 included, unfortunately).

But rest assured LF's product QC is still there and largely unaffected, so you can continue to purchase from them with confidence.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Elzetta couldn't hardly give them away back in their time. Like so many things in life, now that you can't get one you want it. But then again I didn't think the smart phone would catch on so there is that.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Elzetta couldn't hardly give them away back in their time. Like so many things in life, now that you can't get one you want it. But then again I didn't think the smart phone would catch on so there is that.

I don't really understand why's that... Legoable parts usually help any product to thrive, not just flashlights. It gives every manufacturer the ability to create their own rendition of some component, it enables competition among manufacturers, and that helps buyers of the product to be able to pick and choose, while the prices because of the competing companies keeps the prices at a sane level.
To be honest, I'm not sure SureFire would be anywhere near their current status if their light parts wouldn't be interchangeable with each other.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Lego is a good thing, sure. But back when Elzetta was producing the ZFL nobody really liked them.

Once upon a time SureFire engineer PK was all about the lego aspect. But these days, if current SureFire products can lego it's the same as Ford using the same chassis for a Focus and Escape, it's simply more for a cost of production reduction than an interchangeable benefit.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use unprotected flat top 18650 in the E2P Pineapple body?
I don't have experience with the 18650 E2Pine body, but I do have experience with the earlier batch E2 18650 body, which actually REQUIRES to use unprotected 18650 cells only due to the increased height of the protected variety (usually +2-3mm beyond specs) which will affect fitment of all head upgrades. Failure to observe this will cause irreversible damage to just any head module upgrade (especially to the driver board), including those with +ve springs installed.

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Hi @Mark@LF ,
Do you plan on making P and/or E bodies to use with protected cells?
Our P Compatible bodies has always been able to use protected cells.

As for the E bodies, I am afraid not because it is impossible to compensate for all the different lengths and diameters of all the different brands and generations.
I have a dozen Protected 18650 on my desk and they all have different lengths and diameters.
The E Bodies has one end closed so the length of the battery matters.

Too bad those battery makers don't care about specs. the "18" and "650" used to mean something at one point, not so much nowadays.

Cheers.

Mark

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Too bad those battery makers don't care about specs. the "18" and "650" used to mean something at one point, not so much nowadays.

Definitely is too bad. A spec should be just that, and not subject to whim.

Of course, we're still in the early stages of this rechargeable battery "revolution." They're still trying to figure everything out.

Thank you for keeping up with it all, as a flashlight maker, as best you can.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark, any idea when the bodies with the flat sides will become available?

We are working on it, hopefully it could be released within the year.
Thank you for your continued support.

Same question as in September 2021, any idea when/if the E1e/E2e bodies with 3 flat sides will become available?

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory goodness:

IMG_0754.JPG

1. E Series Elite head, E1 Classic body, SW01 Slim Baker's Cap tailcap.
2. SW01 Fatty tailcap on Aleph body and Malkoff VME head.
3. E to C Head, Classic E2 body, RPM tailcap.

Last edited: