Luminox

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I ended up upgrading mine to the titanium because the tritium inserts are much larger and should be that much brighter. It ships today and I will get it by Thursday I can't wait.

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
I just received a Luminox 4001 Tank Commander watch with leather band today. I'll probably end up ordering the stainless band due to water, sweat, etc. It is great. Wow, even in low light the tubes glow. Nice. I bought it from "wfn2" who sells on ebay. I actually bought this one direct. I paid $128 shipped. Great job of packing the watch. Of course, YMMV.
Jim

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Jim we bought our watch from the same guy. How was he on shipping it out? My auction ended Friday and he still hasn't shipped.

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
5BY5
It took a while for me to send him the check because we thought we might be able to get together in Atlanta and me pay cash (the Atlanta Pen Show was in his neighborhood). It only took a few days after he received the cashier's check for the watch to arrive. I had asked him to let me know when the check arrived. I was just getting nervous (once had a MO take five weeks to get to a seller) when the watch appeared. Not a chatty person, but I sure can't gripe. The watch I bought is around $200 or more everywhere else. Mine had the box, papers, everything. Hope yours arrives soon.
Jim

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Jim I paid by Bidpay and figured it would be faster. I thought wfn would ship as soon as he got confirmation from Bidpay that a MO was sent his way. I found out today that he doesn't ship until he gets the money order so I wasted $15 in fees for nothing. I could just as easily got a MO for a dollar and mailed it to him. The watch I bought retails for $370-$400 and I got it for $215.

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
I almost used BidPay, too. I had filled out everything when I figured out that all they did was mail a MO and send an email saying "the check's in the mail." Not that great a service for $15. Some dealers might go ahead and ship, but I guess I can understand waiting (I wonder who Western Union would refund or pay if the MO was lost.) It sounds like you've got a great watch on the way. Those little vials are bright! Jim

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Anybody check out the Captain's field (model 1560)watch. Looks like a good casual watch and can be had for about $120 on ebay.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I received my Luminox Titanium dive watch yesterday and this watch is as brighter than expected. Luminox makes an excellent quality watch that looks nice. The inserts are so bright that they shine even in a room that is semi-dark. It was daytime and I had the lights off and it was cloudy out and you could clearly see the inserts shining. The only thing I don't like is the rubber band that came with the watch it was very uncomfortable and I replaced it with a stainless steel band by the end of the first day. I an going to order the Titanium band soon so the watch will look really nice. The band I bought is just a little to thin.

I can see that I will probably by a second watch I like them that much.

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
5BY5,
I'm glad to hear your watch arrived. I've sure enjoyed mine. I'm going to replace my leather strap with the luminox stainless fairly soon. I don't want to get the leather wet, whereas the watch is WR.
The 4000 series tank watch makes a nice "dress" watch (at least for me!)
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

RevJim

Newly Enlightened
I bought a fairly cheap stainless steel band for my 4000 series Luminox. It, also, is a little thin. It will do until my Luminox band comes (ordered today - retail around $85, I paid $54.)

Hey, 5BY5, the site I ordered my band from has several for the seal watches (but I didn't see any titanium bands). http://www.aspitactical.com/luminox/band.asp

Lonewolf

Enlightened
RevJim I ordered a Titanium band also. After doing a Google search came across 2 sites that sold it. For the low low price of $135 with free shipping!!! Oh well I still end up getting a $500 watch for $350. I have to stop spending my money on lights and watches I am eyeing up a Kimber.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
I have to stop spending my money on lights and watches...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey me too!!!! (okay okay i took it out of context...but I DO have to stop)

5BY5 I'm jeolous that you got the Luminox watch! I haven't responded lately because i knew that if i did respond...i'd be even more compelled to buy one. But not now...not yet. I don't have any money to spend for luxuries at the moment.
frown.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
LEDagent I am thinking of also getting the Captain's Field watch it is all stainless with the same watch face as the Titanium and can be had for $124 on ebay. But must save my money for my Kimber.