LUMINTOP FWAA Andúril 2 14500 Titanium+CU/ Titanium/ Copper/ Brass Flashlight Group

knucklegary

How reliable is the currrent e-switch?

Is there an audible clicky action to full press?

Are names/serial numbers reserved?

Thx..

Last edited:

jon_slider

the switch works fine, yes it makes a clic sound, no, the serial numbers are not sequential (and are hard for me to see without magnification)

I just got a Cu FWAA w SST-20 4000k
A3tPTv1l.jpg

I like it so much, Im about to order a Ti model, to shave weight, with the same LEDs.

Do you think I have a problem?

rt8Ee2Bl.jpg

I think I need to build the Ti Set with a FWAA... lol

question.. which one should I get next?
1. Shiny Ti
2. Sandy Ti
3. Cu Ti

deci$ions deci$ions

you can buy the lights here
https://www.nealsgadgets.com/search?type=product&q=fwaa

discount code 1TDFWAA will save you 25%

This is my first Anduril light
the UI is very programmable
we can set the number of modes, and the floor and ceiling between 0.1 to 1000+ lumens. That means it can emulate the HDS UI, the H17F UI, Surefire 2 mode tac UI, and many more... plus it has a ramping option that emulates the classic Nitecore D10, a personal favorite UI.

I set up one of the options to emulate an HDS, with 24 steps, a ceiling of 200 lumens, and memory set to 10 lumens on startup.. There is a shortcut to maximum from both off and on..

I like the bike flasher option for crossing urban streets..

imo the FWAA is an instant classic.. its very small, and feels great in my hands...

Last edited:

knucklegary

Thanks Jon, How does the momentary function, a click on with flash of full output?

I personally like stone wash for pocket carry, finish seems to hold up well. Also like the idea of Ti Cu.. I may order 2 each mix 'n match.. SST20 4000k is my fav too!

So, no issues with delivery from Neal, he has a few bad feedbacks?

Does clip have strong enough tension, tempered SS?

Last edited:

jon_slider

the clip is not strong, and not deep carry, I dont trust it, and hope something better will come along in the aftermarket
but it is smooth for dress pants

and some people are moving the clip under the bezel, which puts it over the knurled section, that grips better..

I prefer no clip, and I flip the body, which improves grip comfort and balance, including for cigar grip:
(you can see the serial number if curious)
3FZTQjhl.jpg

I wish there was a lanyard hole on the tail.

Ive read the Neal issues, but I had no problems at all.
I did not request any special services, I just paid, and he shipped

note there are some QC issues, on mine the retaining ring to the driver was loose.. I fixed that.. I have not tried to interface with Neal for any after sales support..

> how does momentary function?

that question seems to assume a mechanical forward clicky, like in a McGizmo
this is different

it is an eSwitch, like in an HDS
momentary is a programming option that alters the normal operation, to create a Tactical UI of ON when pressed, and OFF when released..

this is the flowchart for the UI: (5C is the momentary command)
1yEpX3Ol.jpg

Anduril is very feature rich, but can also be used in Simple mode...

I have reservations about excessively bright outputs that create excessive heat.

I immediately programmed the ceiling of my light to "just" 400 lumens.

It is also true that the switch is very easy to activate in pocket. Use mechanical lockout, or the electronic lockout. Some people also add an O ring under the switch, to make it less sensitive.

safe pocket carry of anduril lights requires using electronic lockout

in lockout mode, Anduril provides two momentary modes,1H gives minimum, and 2H gives the memorized level (if enabled)

the UI can be as simple or complex as you may be (dis)inclined to use. Im finding it very entertaining.

no light is perfect, but parts of them are excellent ;-)

Last edited:

knucklegary

Is there an optic glass lens when ordered without battery/Sapphire bundled?

Agreed full output in pocket could lead to ER visit :sick:

jon_slider

yes there is a glass lens over the Tir Optic
IF you decide to move the clip under the bezel, I think we should add an O ring, to maintain pressure on the lens when the bezel is screwed down over the pocket clip ring. Sourcing an O ring is a work in progress, no spare O ring comes with the light.

I bought the bundle, and with the sapphire lens on top of the glass lens, the clip fits perfectly secure under the bezel, without a gap between the lens and the lip of the bezel..

MftyJcdl.jpg

I recommend the bundle with battery and Sapphire lens.. consider the price.. less than $4 for Sapphire.. how can you go wrong? better scratch resistance, better AR coating color, better Bling Bragging rights.. LOL

And the option to secure the clip under the bezel... win win win

bear in mind the Tir is floody, there is a smooth large diffused beam, not hotspot plus spill as from a traditional single LED in a reflector

Last edited:

knucklegary

Thanks Jon, I own a couple lights with Carclo optics
Triples and Quads are floody. Although with XPL or Osram you can get floody with some good throw
I wasn't going for bundle but surely will now since you explained the oring spacing issue

Finding correct size oring even with use of calipers is still a lot of guesstimateing, and headaches of trail and error

jon_slider

the bundle includes a battery, that I needed.. else you can just buy the extra lens without battery combo

yes the extra lens is a happy solution to the clip under bezel, hope you enjoy your light

of note
there is a signal tube inside, that gets pushed by the head and tailcap.. changes of clip position and head tension, interact with the tail..

if one end of the signal tube is too proud, I get a constant on, with non responsive tail.. must extract battery and readjust the tension on the head or tail, until closing the light produces a single flash and a normal functioning switch..

trivia, Novatac also uses a signal tube design, because of the eSwitch. HDS now uses a signal wire instead of a complete tube.

enjoy!

ps
customized programming info

My FWAA configuration changes,
to lower the ceiling in order to avoid overheating:

simple stepped mode
12 step ramp,
200 lumen maximum (72 clics)
3 lumen minimum (20 clicks)

Hybrid LMM Memory lasts 90 minutes (90 clicks), then resets to 1.5 lumens using manual memory config

the hybrid memory is nice
===

advanced stepped
12 step ramp
550 lumen maximum (50 clicks)
0.1 lumen minimum (1 click)

Hybrid LMM Memory lasts 90 minutes, then resets to 1.5 lumens

Bike strobe set to 3H

calibrated thermosensor, also set thermal limit to 40C (10 clics)

and set beacon to 1 second

no change to battery meter voltage calibration, it is within 0.1 of my meter

Last edited:

chip100t

How is everyone getting on with these? I have a copper, nichia 5000k coming from banggood and a vapecell h10 coming from torchy the battery boy. Anyone experienced any problems or has it worked out great.

freeme

Vendor
How is everyone getting on with these? I have a copper, nichia 5000k coming from banggood and a vapecell h10 coming from torchy the battery boy. Anyone experienced any problems or has it worked out great.
I have not heard of any "widespread" issues from our buyers.