Lumintop tool AA extension

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
I'm loving my lumintops at the moment, interchangeable heads, tails and bodies, giving all sorts of options. The lumintop frog has an extension tube to take 3 AAA cells, but I'm wondering why oh why has the tool AA fan favourite not got a similar option to bump it up to two or more cells, or does it and I'm just not looking hard enough? Thanks in advance for replies.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Driver would need to be larger for the components needed to handle the increased voltage

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm loving my lumintops at the moment, interchangeable heads, tails and bodies, giving all sorts of options. The lumintop frog has an extension tube to take 3 AAA cells, but I'm wondering why oh why has the tool AA fan favourite not got a similar option to bump it up to two or more cells, or does it and I'm just not looking hard enough? Thanks in advance for replies.
Even though the Lumintop Tool doesn't have the capability, back around 2008-2010, Olight had the S15 that was available in titanium, stainless steel or anodized aluminum that could run with 1,2 or 3 body tubes(AA). To overcome the driver issue, it could handle a single Lithium rechargeable of 4.2 volts, 3 alkaline(1.5 volt) or 3 NIMH (1.2 volt). I still have a few in my big out bags as my "flexible power option".
Crazyeddiethefirst

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even though the Lumintop Tool doesn't have the capability, back around 2008-2010, Olight had the S15 that was available in titanium, stainless steel or anodized aluminum that could run with 1,2 or 3 body tubes(AA). To overcome the driver issue, it could handle a single Lithium rechargeable of 4.2 volts, 3 alkaline(1.5 volt) or 3 NIMH (1.2 volt). I still have a few in my big out bags as my "flexible power option".
Crazyeddiethefirst
Log time!! Cool!!:)