Lumintop Tool AAA (XP-G R5, 1xAAA) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, VIDEO and more!

N_N_R

Enlightened
Gee, only now did I get the comment about "me being everywhere". I should try harder to remember people's nicks on forums :D :D

Ok, I'm getting my Lumintop Tool tomorrow, hope I like it! :D

N_N_R

Enlightened
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm actually not sure I'll get a three-mode version ... I didn't ask, to be honest. In that shop they knew I wanted one, but they didn't have the light. Now the guy told me they had them in stock again already, the clicky and the magnet/twisty versions. It didn't occur to me to ask if they were the two or three-mode ones. We'll see tomorrow.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2-mode and it is a nice light. You'll be happy even if you get the 2-mode. I was interested in the new version mostly for curiosity. (OK, looking for an excuse to buy the new version.) let us know what you get and how you like it.

N_N_R

Enlightened
:D

Okay, I did receive the new version - it has three modes, though I couldn't find what mode's how many lumens written anywhere.

I like lights with three modes, the two-mode IU would've looked a bit.. somehow incomplete to me. But I do wish it started on low first......

Otherwise I love it - it's smaller than I expected and more compact than I expected:D

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some questions: What is the mode sequence (M>L>H or M>H>L or H>M>L)? I also like lights that start on L. And are the modes well spaced?

Edit: I was confident that you would like it. AAA clickies are not too common and the Tool is a nice one. Small, compact, decent beam and runtimes.

Edit: Whoops - the GITD is a different AAA clicky.

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
Yeeahhh, the mode sequence... I wanted low first, but alas. It comes on med first: med > low > high. My other such light was the Fenix LD05. I'm not sure if the modes are well-spaced. I'll wait for it to get dark.. I don't see such a huge difference between the med and high (but I didn't see it that much on the Fenix in question, too, lol).

I'm not sure I know what that GTID thingie is, sorry *facepalm*

Here are a couple of not that good pictures.

I saw in someone's review that there was written "worm" inside the head, but that's not here on mine:

I didn't take pictures of the packaging - it comes in a fairly ordinary boxie and inside you can find a better plastic case (the overall packaging idea looks like the Olight i3s). There are no papers or something, but it comes with two spare o-rings, which is better than papers, keyrings and stuff. So.... yeah, I love it :D AAA form factor; clip; clicky. What can be better :D

Mine came lubed out of the packaging.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Here are a couple of not that good pictures ....

Thanks for posting the Youtube unboxing video. You mentioned in the video that you didn't want to risk scratching the paint if you reversed the pocket clip. Can you swap the head and tail on the body so the clip points in the opposite direction?

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
HK has separate listings for the 2-mode XPG and 3-mode XPG2 models, including their Ebay store.

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
For those interested in the specs or the packaging, this is everything it comes in :) No papers, manuals, guides, brochures.

It states the light's two-mode light, maybe they use the old packaging for the new lights, just like the Preon Gen 2 lights.

realista

Enlightened
i read there is an updatedversion of this flashlight with xp-g2 , that does have 3 mode and can be used with 10440. :)
it seems to be NOT LISTED in official site (strange) but in the BLF forum a member did receive from banggood the NEW one version with 3 mode instead of 2. and he tested 41/ 116/ 287 lumens in lo/med/hi with a 10440!!! what a monster! ( i hope u'll review it)
ps: i noticed that you don't always test the lumens output with 10440 battery, but just with nimh.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i read there is an updatedversion of this flashlight with xp-g2 , that does have 3 mode and can be used with 10440. :)
it seems to be NOT LISTED in official site (strange) but in the BLF forum a member did receive from banggood the NEW one version with 3 mode instead of 2. and he tested 41/ 116/ 287 lumens in lo/med/hi with a 10440!!! what a monster! ( i hope u'll review it)
ps: i noticed that you don't always test the lumens output with 10440 battery, but just with nimh.

Go to Ebay and type in "Lumintop Tool". Find the 3-mode from HK and make them an offer a few dollars lower. It ships from China so it will take a few weeks. It is not supposed to be used with a 10440.

If you really want a AAA keychain light with 10440,
get the Fenix E05 Stainless Steel Vin54 light, it does 1000 lumens.

15506478971_28d6fe95ab_m.jpg

realista

Enlightened
my banggood lumintop tool ARRIVED!!! it is latest version with 3 mode, so i think it is the xp-g2 led.
it is powerfull!!!! unfortunately on an eneloop lite aaa does not output so much lumens, but with a new alkaline the output is really nice....but i can't quantify it.

AND WITH AN EFEST imr10440? eheeheheh A M O N S T E R !!
i compared it to my tn12 2014 on med setting, rated 280 lumens by thrunite and estimated by selfbuilt review at 330 on med. ok........... THE LUMINTOP IS EQUALLY BRIGHT, also a bit brighter. not so much but a bit. maybe because the tint is maybe 5/10% colder than the tn12.... but it is still a NICE tint pure white ( no blueish).

i am really HAPPY! 300 lumens for sure!!! now i have to wait for the gearbest olight i3s.
tonight i will show the lumintop to my friends....initialli on LOW mode... to get all appreciations :devil: then i will do half click to switch back to HI mode ( it is hi,med,lo,hi,med,lo,hi........) and leave them STUNNED by 300 lumens in a tiny flashlight

Last edited:

realista

Enlightened
i asket to hkequipment ebay seller if the latest version is compatible with li-ion.

the reply: This is latest XP-G2 version and fit for 10440, thanks

jlomein

Enlightened
Can anyone confirm if the latest 3 mode version has memory or not? Conflicting reports on if I can get this to come on High first (aware the sequence is Med, Lo, Hi).

kj2

Flashaholic
Can anyone confirm if the latest 3 mode version has memory or not? Conflicting reports on if I can get this to come on High first (aware the sequence is Med, Lo, Hi).

The Tool AAA (v.2) doesn't have a memory, and turns On in Medium from Off.

Last edited: