lumitop fwaa almost perfect!!!!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
all they had to do was made it be able to use AA alkines as well as the 14500s... so close 1400 lumens maybe even more on fresh 14500. but i like them to use store bought aa batteries as well

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If I recall the FW* drivers are relatively simple hybrid linear / direct-drive FET arrangements, ala most lights running the Anduril UI. For the low range, linear regulator(s) provide variable current to the LED(s). For the high range, a FET directly connects the cell to the LED(s), PWM'ed at high speeds to vary output.

There are more efficient buck- and buck-boost drivers for numerous FW* models although I believe they still require li-ion input voltages (3.0V - 4.2V).

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang maybe someday such a sweet light but i like redundancy . for now my fenix 18r is decent at least cr123s are affordable online in 50 packs but i rather have a battery i can get localy at every store in the world aka the AA

hamhanded

Enlightened
Loved mine until I accidentally un-phosphored it. Line up your optic carefully, folks.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
> all they had to do was made it be able to use AA

the Only light that runs Anduril on AA is the Sofirn SP10 Pro.

> Loved mine until I accidentally un-phosphored it.

sorry for your misfortune. the LEDs can be replaced...

Last edited:

hamhanded

Enlightened
I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I still use it when I want to see some ULTRA MEGA BLUE

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure every owner of a Chevy Cruz feels it would be the perfect car if only it had an LS...but then it wouldn't be a Cruz.