Lupine Passubio bulb question

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I bought a old bicycle flashlight 7.2 V, I found a manual for it, but I can't find information about what kind of light bulb is used here:

Outwardly, this is very similar to the light bulb that the SF uses in the M4 / M6, but I'm not sure until I took it apart.

Anyone can know the designation of the light bulb? It is known that this is 16 W

1639642586745.png

1639642600146.png

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not yet been able to take it apart. So far, only this is known:
Lupine replacement halogen Bulb 16W HP BULB 12 Degree
and there are a couple of photos on the net without details, it looks like this is the same solid module as the lamp assemblies SF and Pelican
1639650920571.png

I have a suspicion that this is MR11
1639651291900.png

I still hope that there are owners of the same headlights here who took them apart

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everything works fine, the light bulb did not burn out, I just installed it on bike and gave it to the girl. Catching she and disassembling the flashlight I don't really want. She is like a kitten from this video, if something fell into her hands, then it is difficult to take away it, especially if it is still working.

I'm just curious about it in case the light bulb burns out in the future.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
1st off: I hate the lights, so my bias will sound negative, as it is negative.
reason is, that - as a pupil (with not much money) - i saved my bucks quite some time.
Then when finished to finally purchase one, that maker had decided to cancel their entry level light (the Babylu)
wow, great.
... thats why I got into modding my own lamps, back then
;)

now to here:
WHO???? purchases a very expensive, 15+ years (?) old halogen lamp NOW??
No more bulbs to get, battery already at an age to offer a very high chance to be about to die, output and versatility a joke, ...
I hope that was really, really cheap?
:rolleyes:

if that actual bulb burns out - You are screwed:
these were proprietary bulb/reflector combinations, running on the 7.2 V of the battery.
(You are correct with that comparison to SFs lamp assemblies. Fixed bulb/reflector)
Only "good" thing: they feature a ramp-up protection; so very good live, no initial power up strike :poof:

PS. ahh, yes. seems the maker does not offer any halogen spare material anymore ...
so much for "premium" :rolleyes:

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, hate is what drives progress :)

Just $15 for everything.

I looked, these are not special patented lamps, these are really MR11 with halogen or xenon fill, which were made by Osram. Now he still produces them at 8 volts, but I did not find 16 watts, only 20 watts in general availability. They now have a slightly different reflector, not faceted, but the installation dimensions are the same -

Osram 64255 A1/269 8 volt 20 watt MR11 Projector Lamp

Also, the button did not work here, when you turn on the light, it lights up immediately. I cut the button with a friend, it looks like the 5 volt current stabilizer burned out. Above the letter L formed something like a small volcano. Most likely, when I replace this element with a new LE50, everything will work fine.

New LE50s cost about $1 each, but the problem is they are sold in batches of 5 or more. I don't need so many spare LE50s...

IMG-5865.jpg

IMG-5866.jpg

IMG-5867.jpg

IMG-5868.jpg

IMG-5869.jpg

IMG-5870.jpg