Lurker for 6 years and looking for a drop in for Solarforce L2P

Dovii

Newly Enlightened
I bought a couple of flashlights way back in 2011, started looking at this site and eventually wound up with a small nitecore, a romisen and 2 Solarforce. (XPG and XML 400-500 lumens) I told myself back then that I would again buy flashlights after a couple of years to allow LED to improve. Looking at the offerings after 6 years is crazy. I just recently got a Nitecore TM06s with 4000 lumens and my "very bright" 500 lumen Solarforce seems like a birthday candle next to it. I would like to change the drop in for one of my host, what drop in would be good, my aim to to have more throw and more lumens Thanks

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mountain Electronics has a nice drop in that gets up to around 1000 lumens, the CUXM/CUXP. It is also usually available with a Nichia emitter for a little less lumens but much better color rendition, but right now that option is out of stock. You also have several choices for modes as well. The only limitation is that the driver is designed for a single Li-Ion cell only. Anything over 4.2 volts will definitely let the Magic Blue Smoke out. I have one in my Surefire 6P and really like it.

ven

Flashaholic
All things considered(cost/value), have a look at a p60 from Pflexpro, xpl HI and programmable driver with choice of colour temp. I like the 4000 and 5000k xpl HI's...............what ever floats your boat.

:welcome:

brted

Enlightened
KaiDomain is a good source for inexpensive drop-ins and no flashy modes. The XP-L HI version has a flat dome (not a dome) which allows for really good throw and it still has 800 lumens of output.

They make another drop-in with a Nichia 219C 4000K 92 CRI drop-in. Not as bright or throwy, but the color rendering of 92 (70 is typical for LEDs) may change your life.

supersport327

Newly Enlightened
I use a Sportac drop in in my Solarforce, around 1200 lumens, 2 modes, not bad for about $40. The beam is unimpressive though, kind of a flowery pastern around the edges.