Lux measurement of Ellie 10W HID

Lurveleven

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone done a lux measurement of the FM/cmacclel elephant 10W HID? I'm wondering if Olight SR95S-UT will beat it.

T

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The new LED light to compare your HID to is the OSTS TN31's last monster....~ 405k cd.

That blows the doors off of even the mighty Olight SR95S UT

:D

Patriot

Patriot

Flashaholic
52,000 lux sounds really low for that light but perhaps it's due to the OP reflector used in that post. The EZnite using the same lamp is over 100K lux with a much smaller reflector.

The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
52,000 lux sounds really low for that light but perhaps it's due to the OP reflector used in that post. The EZnite using the same lamp is over 100K lux with a much smaller reflector.

Yes, but the eznite has a Polarion reflector and more importantly 3-dimensional adjustment of the bulb's position. I think the latter makes a really big difference.

Lurveleven

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new LED light to compare your HID to is the OSTS TN31's last monster....~ 405k cd.

That blows the doors off of even the mighty Olight SR95S UT

:D

Thank you for the tip. I'm just getting back into flashlights after a break for the last couple of years, so I don't have a complete overview of what is out there yet, and I have not looked much at custom lights/mods yet.
I see that OSTS TN31 is using XP-G2, I don't understand how they are able to get 1147 lumens with that LED?

Lurveleven

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was able to find my Lux-meter and did a measurement myself. I'm not sure if 32 feet was long enough distance, I found it difficult to measure, the max I was able to measure was 152000 lux.

The_Driver

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that OSTS TN31 is using XP-G2, I don't understand how they are able to get 1147 lumens with that LED?

"They" (saabluster) aren't. That lumen figure is from the original, un-modified TN-31. What he does is remove the dome (lens) of the leds and substantially improve the heatsinking of the lights. An overdriven, de-domed XP-G2 probably doesn't even produce have that much. Even making a guess in this scenario will be rather difficult...

Last edited:
Patriot

Patriot

Flashaholic
An overdriven, de-domed XP-G2 probably doesn't even produce have that much. Even making a guess in this scenario will be rather difficult...

It's rated to a maximum of 488 lumens domed. De-doming of course results in less output but I suspect that Michael is over driving it a little bit. Probably not enough to make up for the de-doming though.